PDA

View Full Version : BAD PANIC

twiglet
12-08-06, 23:11
hi,
i felt fine tonite untill an hour ago. huge panic came on and i cant seem to shake it. i've been shaking for the last 45 min. got tightness in the chest and pains in my shoulder. and i cant stop worrying. im so scared, it starts calming down and the next minute its all back again. im soo tired but i dont want to go to sleep. all i keep thinking is what if.....i am so fed up with this.
thanks for listning....
twiglet xx

polly daydream
12-08-06, 23:23
Hi Twiglet, try and relax hun, remember your breathing, make yourself a hot drink and find something good to watch on the tv, try to keep yourself occupied. I was the same last week, it just would not calm down, have you got anything you can take to calm you down, I take propranolol I can at least sleep a bit better.

Take care sweety,

Polly x

twiglet
12-08-06, 23:36
hi polly,
i dont take any meds at all. im trying to beat this thing with out them.
its quite funny that i can give other people advice and try to calm them down, but when it comes to myself all of it goes out the window. strange ,that you can help other people but not yourself...im just so fed up, i want to be my "normal" care free self. but then again what by defenition is normal??? thanks for your support,
twiglet xx

Piglet
13-08-06, 00:07
It will pass mate as you do deep down already know meanwhile I would lay down and do your breathing exercises. Not too deep but gently and slowly trying to make your tummy rise while you do it.

Then in your head run through all your bodily parts starting with the little toe on your right foot (say it in your head) then move on to the next toe and work through them all, then to your ankle and onto your calf. Work like this all the way up the legs then the trunk, then your arm and down to your hand (saying each part you are imagining in your head). This is a great distraction technique as it stops you thinking negative stuff, as you can't do both!!

Then do the left hand side - if you do this properly and concentrate only on telling yourself your bodily parts then by the time you have finished you wont feel panicky anymore cos you will have broken the cycle. Or even better you could have gone to sleep as its a great one for insomnia.:)

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Dave777
13-08-06, 06:16
Hello Twig., hope you are feeling better today?
Try to chill, we all care about you.

Davex:)

tnt808
13-08-06, 06:48
Heya twig,

I hope that by the time you read this your panic has passed. I understand how frustrating it is how you can help everyone else but yourself! Just hang in there keep pushing forward...and I wish you all the luck in beating this crap!

Take Care of You,

Tina

twiglet
13-08-06, 08:25
Hi ya,
thank you all so much for your support. it did pass and i managed to go to sleep a few hours later...now i just feel drained but that to shall pass.:)
love,
twiglet xxx

polly daydream
13-08-06, 10:01
Hi Twiglet, glad you are feeling better today.

Take care,

Polly x

scoobygirl2005
13-08-06, 13:03
Hi.

Hope you are feeling better. Don't let this get you down ok. Keep being positive!

Scooby2005
x x

manmoor
13-08-06, 15:15
Hi Twiglet,

Glad your feeling better today.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

kazzie
13-08-06, 22:15
Hi Twig we have got to go paint bridport red in a couple of weeks!!!(bridport red?? ) well um!!!! we will have a good laugh so chin up babe see you real soon luv kaz x