PDA

View Full Version : freaking out about my liver

almamatters
04-11-12, 15:08
Hi all,I am in such a low place :weep: After my scan 2 weeks ago and a mass on my liver being discovered ,which according to the report, appeared to be a hemingioma (spelling) I have been quite calm and managing well preparing for appointment. But am struggling today, I feel anxious and ill. I had my liver function test done again at the doctors last week and it came back normal. Am I right in assuming that this is a good sign? Would my LFT's be all over the place if it was a malignant mass. I do not see the liver consultant for a few weeks and I am just so unhappy today :weep:

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

sorry to bump my own post but feeling low today

panic12
04-11-12, 15:17
Hi I know how you feel, I have lived in fear for the last year, I would have thought if it was urgent they would want to see you alot sooner :hugs:

Annie0904
04-11-12, 15:41
A Liver hemangioma is a tangle of blood vessels and is benign so please try not to worry about it. As Panic12 said if it was urgent they would have seen you before now. I thought I had a melanoma and was told it is a skin hemangioma so I am not worried at all.

lo89
04-11-12, 15:42
I agree with panic. If they thought you had something seriously wrong with your liver they would want to see you sooner. I would imagine that your liver function would be out if you had a tumour, and I suspect this would be why your gp checked your liver function. Obviously I am not medical and I have no experience of liver problems, but I would be reassured by the fact your appointment is so far away.
Could you phone your gp and ask if a tumour would show on a lft?
Big hugs :hugs: im sure everything will be fine!

almamatters
04-11-12, 16:17
Thanks for your replies am going to check on Tuesday at my GP appointment about LFT's and tumours. I don't want to google.

lo89
04-11-12, 16:32
I just googled for you. It seems that there are a few of the levels which changes in indicate tumours. Don't really know much about it but from what I read it seems that if it was a primary tumour one of the levels would be up and if it was a secondary tumour another one would be up. Can't remember which ones it was, and even then there were loads of other reasons they could be up, so I would say good let results indicate no tumour, but obviously still ask your gp on Tuesday.

almamatters
04-11-12, 16:52
Thank you lo89 for googling. I will try and remember that information when I get really low. :hugs: