PDA

View Full Version : Chat !!

moirascott
04-11-12, 20:35
I do not go in chat that much, and after tonight I can understand why.

I know people will say ... oh we are having our own conversations, we didnt notice you come in !!!

Please peeps have some courtesy that also means manners for you that do not understand.

I went into chat ... and only one person said hello, some people left and no bye was given, even after the 10 second rule.

I really liked this site, because the one thing it had above a couple of others was a chat room.

X factor and other peoples bodies are not the life and soul of everything, I would just like to say well done for the person that made the meet up. At least that was something you could speak about, that made you feel good !! Shame all the others ignored it.

Moira

oh no_1
04-11-12, 20:38
hi hope u are okay?
how long have you been on?
im here if u wana chat.

bottleblond
07-11-12, 19:56
In all fairness, some people do get distracted with other things but it would have been better if those people had the 'away' option showing so's not to appear ignorant to members joining the room.

I hope it's not put you off using the chat facility Moira because on the whole, it can be a very uplifting place and well needed distraction.

Lisa :flowers:

fozzy is crying
07-11-12, 20:11
In all fairness, some people do get distracted with other things but it would have been better if those people had the 'away' option showing so's not to appear ignorant to members joining the room.

I hope it's not put you off using the chat facility Moira because on the whole, it can be a very uplifting place and well needed distraction.

Lisa :flowers:

On the main site you are logged off if inactive for a period of time. However if you are in the chat-room you stay logged in there and are never timed out. This would suggest that once in there is no need to be logged in here if you time out and there is no time out there.

In the past I have gone in and seen others there but no chat but members showing still logged in and at the same time I check and they have been logged out here perhaps because they have nodded of.

Gordon

ricardo
07-11-12, 20:16
I like the chat room but it takes a while to get the hang of things. I am most probably older than most and try and cheer these people up, bring a smile to their face and that makes me feel good.

it does appear a bit of a clique at first, but they are a good bunch of guys.

nomorepanic
07-11-12, 20:30
Chat will time-out if you are not active for 30 minutes but you can be in chat and active but not appear on the who's online list on the forum as chat opens in a new window.

You only stay on the who's online list on the forum for an hour but that does not mean you are active during that hour.

venusbluejeans
07-11-12, 20:36
On the main site you are logged off if inactive for a period of time. However if you are in the chat-room you stay logged in there and are never timed out.
Gordon

you are logged off the Chat Room for Inactivity after a certain amount of time

If you have 'away' shown then it does not show as away to anyone new people joining the room. :)

venusbluejeans
07-11-12, 20:37
oi Nic stop answering when I am :roflmao::roflmao:

fozzy is crying
07-11-12, 21:06
Chat will time-out if you are not active for 30 minutes but you can be in chat and active but not appear on the who's online list on the forum as chat opens in a new window.

You only stay on the who's online list on the forum for an hour but that does not mean you are active during that hour.

When you are timed out of chat it does not seem to clear you off the room visitors list.

I have been in there and seen peeps inactive for hours but still listed. So the inactive time out might not being doing the same as if you logged out of there yourself and clearing your name.

I though it funny a few weeks ago when I went in as I saw someone I chat to when it is quiet and he did not answer. Then an hour or so later he while I had been chatting to someone else he said "hi" and even said he had just come back in.

Gordon

nomorepanic
07-11-12, 21:15
Maybe I turned the option off - would need to check and test that out to see what it does.

venusbluejeans
07-11-12, 22:41
It does definitely time you out in chat..... I have had it happen to me several times oops!!:blush:

Sparkle1984
08-11-12, 21:24
Yes I had the timeout happen to me when I was in the chatroom at the weekend.

Elen
09-11-12, 09:20
Nic I am pretty sure that you still get booted for inactivity in chat.

Moira I am not aware of the incident that you mentioned so it is impossible for me to comment.

However I can say that the majority of people observe common courtesy such as saying hello and goodbye to members.

It does happen occassionally that people are having a bad time and come to chat for the company and not to actively participate.

I hope to see you back in chat sometime and can assure you that I will acknowledge your presence.

Elen