PDA

View Full Version : Lipoma

Alessa16
04-11-12, 21:47
Hi! I am on Lustral special 100 mg and feel so much better. Apart from one thing. But actually I am not worried so much, I just want to find answers to my questions about a lump on my neck. I thought it is a swollen lymph node. (its under my jaw,right side) But my dad said Its a lipoma(oil gland) and said he had it on her back neck too.

But of course he is not a doctor so I wanted to ask you guys! :) My lump is soft, movable, occured in one day First I felt pain in this area then I noticed the lump. Its not noticable, just under the skin.Smaller than a pea. When I press on it hard it hurts a bit.

Can it be a lipoma?

Also, I did googling(so much regrets :weep:) and I read that it can develop on the other parts of body.

Will I have several lipomas in the future?

Thanks in advance! :hugs:

almamatters
04-11-12, 21:52
Hi I have a lipoma on my collar bone, it is about 5 cm can be moved about and is not attached to anything. I am having a ultrasound for this on Tuesday, as I am getting pain in my shoulder and collar bone. I do not know if having one means you will get more of them , as I only have one. My sister has 3 of them. If it is a lipoma they are benign and harmless as far as I am aware. For peace of mind check with doctor and they will let you know what it is. :flowers:

Alessa16
04-11-12, 22:01
I went ENT but doctor didnt look properly, he said there is nothing. But me and all my family found it. I have another one on the back of my ear since I was a child.(My dad has the same lipoma in the same place as well) So, Its 2th and I know the cause is stress and anxiety.

I couldnt understand what means 'isnt attached to anyhing'' How can i know it?

---------- Post added 05-11-12 at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was 04-11-12 at 23:59 ----------

Now I touched it again and its tender to touch

almamatters
04-11-12, 22:41
Hi sorry could it be a lymph node? Only reason I ask is I have 3 swollen nodes behind my ear, which can be very sore. Lipomas are benign fatty tumours which are usually quite small and painless. Not attached means that it is movable when you touch it and is not attached to a bone or something. I got my GP to look at mine who said it was probably a lipoma as they are easy to move. I have found if you keep touching nodes or even a lipoma it makes them sore and can make them also appear bigger. Your doctor will be able to tell you what it is for sure.

Alessa16
04-11-12, 22:44
mine is very easy to move, sometimes I am losing it! :) Mine isnt sore so much,just tender to touch hardly. I touch it in every ten seconds and I think its getting bigger, but my dad disagree. I shouldnt touch it anymore.. dont want it bigger and visible :(

swgrl09
05-11-12, 12:44
My fiance has a couple. They are in his arms and one on his back. They sound exactly like you are describing. If you have one, you can get more but they are benign. They can also run in the family.

Alessa16
05-11-12, 16:55
I hope its a lipoma, I told my best friend about my lipoma and she said she had a big one uder her breast and got it removed 4 years ago and she didnt have more. I hope I wont get too :)) But I am worried about hurting