PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new on here :-)

RainbowGirl05
04-11-12, 22:17
Hi, I'm a 36 year old mum of 3 and I've been in a bit of a mess since I was in a car accident a year ago. I've been suffering from what I think is anxiety but sometimes I'm not so sure.....I've had so many symptoms (chest pains, lump in throat, headaches, pins & needles, dizziness, lightheadedness, confusion, muscle twitching, not being able to sleep etc etc), been to the GP countless times and every time I feel reassured until the next symptom comes along and I start panicking again. I worry almost constantly and never feel really happy anymore. I found NMP a while ago and reading it really helped me - I found sound advice that I was able to use to help me through and I was doing quite well until I got the results of my MRI. The neurologist started by saying "It's not normal but it's not abnormal either" and continued to tell me that some white spots had shown up but they could be nothing. Unfortunately he lost me at "it's not normal" and that sent me right back down again. He took some bloods (which my GP has since told me came back clear) and I go back to see him in a couple of weeks. When I heard the blood tests were clear I tried to tell myself it was time to draw a line under it all and move on - my poor husband & kids have had a poor excuse for a wife/mum over the past year - but I just don't seem to be able to let it go. Last night I hardly slept and today I've had such bad chest pains, I really don't know how to beat this. I'd really appreciate any help anyone on here could give me, thanku x

nomorepanic
04-11-12, 22:28
Hi RainbowGirl05

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

venusbluejeans
04-11-12, 22:31
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

MRS STRESS ED
04-11-12, 22:34
:welcome: to nmp xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx