PDA

View Full Version : 19 months to recovery in 1000 easy steps

venusbluejeans
04-11-12, 23:14
Right so this is my 1000th post on NMP it is only right I suppose that I should add it to the success stories…..

19months ago when I joined NMP I was in a complete mess, could not get out the house , even getting out of bed and facing the day was a struggle, to be completely honest I really felt that if every day was going to be like that then I really did not want to be here because it was not a life I had it was an existence and one to me where I had no future because of the way I felt completely anx ridden, panic attacks, depersonalisation, derealisation and depression just to rub salt into the wounds.

I looked back at one of my early posts on here, my anxiety diary and realised much things have actually changed for me, it is not until you start to look back at things that you realise where you were and where you are now so those who are really suffering at the moment I suggest making an anxiety diary because then you can see how you are progressing and it makes you realise that it is the little achievements which are important rather than the bigger picture…… you have to take those little steps to be able to achieve your end goal.

my anxiety diary - http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=94687

I have come from there to being able to go out anywhere, driving to places I have never been (BIG thing for me) I really do not mind being alone, I still don’t like getting up in the morning…..but for a different reason now, I like my sleep J I can still be shy and withdrawn (nobody believes me that I am shy) but to me the change in is like black and white and I am hoping my friends can see that too.

Never under estimate how having a friend who understands what you are going can help you. I have met a few very very close friends on here and they will know who they are :D :D I have also met one inspirational woman who I can talk about absolutely anything to knowing that I can trust her completely with anything I say and if it was not for her then I know 150% that I would not be where I am today, So thank you lots and lots Miss P xxxxxxxx

In my mind there is no cure to Anxiety, we all get it just unfortunately some of us suffer with it to the extremes and in the worst it is extremely debilitating as all of us know. I know it will always be there sat on my shoulder and when I let my guard down it appears again but NMP has given me the tools to deal with things and I know that when it does appear I am able to tell it where to go, this is one of the things that NMP does best.

Remember that things can change for you, medication or no medication, take those small steps and do not aim for the giant leaps because you will just fall over and have to start your journey all over again…. You WILL live your life how you want to live it you just have to believe in yourself and believe in your ability to over come the obstacles that are in your path.

Emmz :flowers::flowers:

AuntieMoosie
05-11-12, 02:23
Oh Emmz what a lovely post:)

You have done so well and it's lovely to hear your success story:) I will definitely read your anxiety diary.

I know exactly where you were at, have been there myself too. Too frightened to even leave my bedroom at some points and, like you, I did become very depressed and wondered what the hell I was doing here.....it was an existence for me too.

Thank goodness I'm now making progress, only slowly but I don't mind that at all, so long as I'm going forward.

Thank you so much for your message in bold too, I found that really comforting and positive to read, made me feel better:)

Be proud...go out there and live your life, do all the things that you really want to do hun, you so deserve complete happiness now :) Hopefully, in a while I'll be out there with you, just got a little more work to do, but I know I'll get there in the end :)

Wishing you all the best, may all your dreams come true Emmz :bighug1:

Annie0904
05-11-12, 09:17
Thank you for your post. I am at a stage now where I can't see a way forward so your post has helped me :)

BobbyDog
05-11-12, 09:55
Well done Emmz, You are an inspiration and I agree whole heartedly with everything you have said.
Good luck for the future.

saro
05-11-12, 12:00
Its been an tough ride for you but watching you bounce back as you do everytime is very inspirational and I have faith that you will move forward from all the anxiety and live a very happy life.. well done you :)

oh no_1
05-11-12, 12:24
think i might start a diary thing or something, i just dnt get what happening and all this
was super duper hsppy for 9 days on trot like over loaded with eneergy etc etc, but just gone from so so so low to that to again so so so low :(
cnt even leave my room

nomorepanic
05-11-12, 12:43
You have come a long long way Emmz and I for one and am very proud of you and it is a pleasure to call you a good friend. We still have that goal of getting you down the A1 to come and visit me at home but I know we will do it before Xmas. :hugs:

Well done on all you have achieved and I know you will look forward to a much brighter future.

As for getting you out of bed - I can't help there cos I am as bad :whistles:

venusbluejeans
05-11-12, 16:16
Thank you for all your lovely replies and kind words :hugs:

you will get there it just seems a really long road. and round one of those corners in your path is your destination.

Nic, I will get there before Xmas, I don't mind the A1 it is the bit with an M after it I am not so keen on :roflmao: and thank you :hugs:

JT69
05-11-12, 16:42
Well done!!! A lovely inspirational post...onwards and upwards!!:)

Jo.x

nomorepanic
05-11-12, 18:24
The A1M is identical to the A1 I promise lol

ElizabethJane
05-11-12, 18:29
Well done Emms. EJ

venusbluejeans
05-11-12, 18:29
Thank you Jo and EJ :hugs:

just another lane or so Nic? :winks:

Supersal1984
05-11-12, 18:31
Thank you so much for this hopeful post! Well done! X

ricardo
05-11-12, 18:34
Well done, I hope I can move forward as much as you have.Funnily enough I am basically on the same medication you started with as SSR! just don't agree with me.

Stupid question but is there a spell checker on here as i am dyslexic and my spelling is awful

nomorepanic
05-11-12, 19:21
We never installed it Ricardo - can't remember why but there was a reason.

Maybe type the post in something like Microsoft Word first then copy and paste it here?

Sparkle1984
05-11-12, 21:43
Well done, I hope I can move forward as much as you have.Funnily enough I am basically on the same medication you started with as SSR! just don't agree with me.

Stupid question but is there a spell checker on here as i am dyslexic and my spelling is awful

The Firefox browser has a built-in spell checker. It puts a red squiggly line under mis-spelt words, just like Microsoft Word does. Then if you highlight and right-click on the word, it will give you spelling suggestions. I hope that helps. :)

ricardo
06-11-12, 05:30
Thanks Sparkle, I will try that

Donny
06-11-12, 10:48
Well done Emms.

Looking back over a couple of the replies here made me realise how much of a part we all are in each others recovery and it makes things sooo much better when we can talk to and ask for help from each other.

I agree with Emms too about the realisation that anxiety is in human nature and we can't really Beat it but we CAN live with it.

Congrats to you E.

macc noodle
06-11-12, 12:38
Not only have you moved yourself forward but you are brilliant at helping others to deal with their problems too.

Thank you so much for being there for me.

Macc Noodle

:-))

venusbluejeans
06-11-12, 15:29
Thank you again for those who have replied :hugs::hugs:

Lovely Macc, you are very very welcome, Glad I can help a BIG thank you to you too xxxx