PDA

View Full Version : increasing to 100mg

anxious2
05-11-12, 09:18
Hi all, I have been taking 50mg sertraline for about 5 months and had cbt as well. Been doing well, though still had days of anxiety, especially when hormonal. Though taking these I had a lot more interest in things. The last couple of weeks my anxiety is becoming more frequent and I am waking early with butterflies and appetite poor. Had a review and advised to increase to 100mg. I am so scared in case they numb my emotions to much. I get so embarrased has well that I need help with tablets.

TJSMITH
05-11-12, 17:26
Hi there
I'm on 100mg and been on them five months like you.
I increased at two months and did have a bit of heightened anxiety for couple of weeks but I was also tapering the citalopram at time
I'm also thinking I need another increase as anxiety underlying most of the time again, it's more thoughts though. I still function even started new job today but it's so upsetting as want to be normal.
Go off it, I think I will have too xx

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

Ps the increase did make a difference lol
Plus all new to me as never been on meds before x

MissHDynamite
05-11-12, 17:55
Hi anxious.. I am in a simialr situation. Have been on 50 for nearly 4 weeks (25 for 8 weeks before that) and advised to put it up to 100 last week. However, I have put it off so far because I been feeling very anxious already and didn't want it to get any worse at the moment, keep waiting for this blip to cool off so i dare put them up.

By what I can gather the increase does help eventually so looks like we have to do it.

Nice to hear TJ's opinion on it too.. thanks and glad it did make a difference for the better :)

anxious2
05-11-12, 20:03
Thanks for the replies, I have also had underlying anxiety in the last months but was somehow better taking sertraline, I started to have more good days and more interest in things, but the anxiety is getting more frequent now, so I am definately gonna try the increase. Starting this medicine was no where near as bad as prozac for me, I had insomnia but it went after 4 weeks and maybe a slight increase in anxiety. Fingers crossed it works. I hate waking up with butterflies every morning and too early and my appetite is not very good

TJSMITH
05-11-12, 20:53
Go for it.
Keep us posted.
I'm going gp next mon to see what he thinks as like you were having good days not 100percent but a lot easier, then it got worse again although could be a blip
X