PDA

View Full Version : Cervical / Ovarian Fears... docs this morning.. help

Melon1
05-11-12, 10:07
Hi All

I have posted a few times over the last few days as my HA is back with a vengeance. I had a scan on my ovaries last Tuesday and have the results today. My appointment is at 12. I am feeling really anxious about this.

I have so many questions that I want to ask the doctor. She is really nice, but last time I saw her, I felt as is she was trying to get me out as fast as poss. I know they have busy schedules, but I did wonder if she took me seriously. As soon as I mentioned the big C word, she looked at me as if she knew I had HA. She asked me if I wanted a scan, so I immediately agreed for peace of mind..... So results are today.

Since having the scan, my mind has wandered to Cervical Cancer. The pains that I am getting are as if they are at the top of my cervix /rectum... two areas are really close together. I also get pains in my left leg.

Do you think I could ask my doctor to look at my cervix? I had a scan about a year ago and it came back fine, but I worry how accurate these scans are.... does anyone know for sure??? I started my period early this month and it has been a beast and just finished. Pains are still here though. Could this just be a bad period... ANyone ever had one of these?

I just feel like a fake going to the docs. She is probably sick of me and even reading back on this post, I can see that I am blowing this all out of proportion.... but there is a niggling feeling that if I don';t get all these symptoms checked out, then this time it could be for real!

Do you think I could be bringing on my tummy pains and making them worse?

Just wish I could feel better :weep:

X

pacer
05-11-12, 10:31
Hi melon. It's good that you've had a scan, I doubt very much it's cancer. I too have pains like you but i have endometriosis and have had it for years now. I get bad pains in my ovary area and in my rectum high up. They can be excruciating and debilitating. Let us know x

kirstynic
05-11-12, 12:08
Good luck I hope your doctor puts your mind ad ease.
I have similar pains to specially in my left side, had adhesions removed earlier in the year, my gynaecologist attributed the pain to this but still been getting it.

Anyway just so you know your not alone xx

Melon1
05-11-12, 14:15
Hi... Many thanks for your replies.

Just got back from the docs and she was so lovely. Thankfully the OC smear came up clear and all looks fine. To put my mind at rest she also took a look at my cervix and took some swabs. Whilst doing this, she made me cough and said that my pains could be due to a small prolapse from having two big babies.

She is sending swabs off for analysis to check for infection and is going to refer me to a gynaecologist to look at the prolapse.

I had a bit of a tear while I was with her as I realise that I have spent weeks worrying and imagining the worst. I wish I could learn to think positively. We discussed CBT and she has given me a number to contact although the waiting list could be huge. I have tried CBT before but wasn't keen on the group I was in and wasn't too happy at the time. Willing to give it another go.

Also, she said that cancer rarely presents itself with pain.

Feeling much better, but without sorting myself out mentally, I know there will be plenty more HA episodes ahead. If I find a magic cure will let you know.

XX