PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack and separation anxiety returns :(

Brainwash
05-11-12, 13:35
I have written in this forum before and this feels like dejavu again.
I thought i had been able to overcome my separation anxiety and panic attack after the first time my parents went overseas leaving me in alone at home. But it seems like this time round, the feeling is coming back with a vengeance.

My parents just left today afternoon and I am already feeling very horrible. I had bouts of uncontrollable crying sessions and have not been able to do anything else other then worrying, having butterflies in my stomach, having so much anxiety and crying.

I feel embarrassed to tell my friends about this problem because most of them are already independent and not afraid of situations like this. Even my brother seems unaffected by it. I feel inadequate and different.. as though i am lacking something that everyone has.. but yet at the same time i can't help but feel this way...

Any advice on how I can tide though this difficult situation? here I am typing this and having my tears swell up...

With a major exam coming on this wednesday.. I really don't know if I can cope with all that's happening...

Do response..... :weep:

maximus1975
05-11-12, 13:43
i get exactly the same i cant stand being in this house on my own, most people love having the house to themselfs not me , i really struggled when my mum went away ,are u on any meds? i had to increase mine just to cope with suicidal thoughts. all u can do is challenge your negative thoughts, and try and remain calm think about your breathing 14 breaths a min from the stomach not from the throat area keep strong my friend

Brainwash
05-11-12, 15:25
Thank you for the reply... I am not on any medication and have not seen a doctor for my condition. I live in a community whereby having these illnesses would be deemed as weak and needy so i doubt i would ever seek medical attention for it..

What do you do when you have the world house to yourself? i am going crazy just by the thought of it... :(