PDA

View Full Version : Please help, can't cope

Mandarra
05-11-12, 17:22
Me again. I cannot understand what is going on with me. I am still sick, it's been two months!!!!!! I had pneumonia, it got better then I got another sore throat and cough. I did see the doctor three weeks ago for the second time, he took a chest xray and said it looked good, what is happening?? Do I need to go back for the third time? I had awful post nasal drip, sore throat and now a tickly cough....how can I be sick this long and what is going on with my immune system? I did a course of antibiotics two months ago, I have no fever so he didn't prescribe again. Please someone tell me this is going to go away! Has anyone been sick this long? Am I alone? :scared15:

cattia
05-11-12, 19:51
It sounds as though you have just got run down. Pneumonia is pretty serious and something like that is bound to take your body a while to recover from. Add stress and anxiety into the mix and it's no surprise that you keep picking things up. I had a winter like that once where I literally had five colds in one winter. I felt like I was never going to get better, but I did. You need to make sure that you take some time out. If you work, take a couple of days off sick and stay in bed. Sleeping will give your body a chance to really heal. Eat healthy foods, take a vitamin tonic and maybe see an acupuncturist if you are into that. I always find it helps. I am sure you will bounce back, you just have to give your body a push in the right direction.

Annie0904
05-11-12, 19:54
I agree with Cattia, I think sometimes our bodies just get so run down that we pick up anything going. I have just bought a tonic from the chemist to help to build my strength up again. I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Mandarra
05-11-12, 20:11
You are both very sweet for responding, thank you. I hope you are right. I have been having a lot of stress, I hope it is just that. This has never happened to me before, it is scary, and everyone telling me that I sound awful doesn't help me very much. I just want to feel better again.