PDA

View Full Version : How does sinus pain cause dizziness?

PinkRoxy
06-11-12, 08:21
I always suffer really bad sinus pain. But I notice when it gets really inflamed and painful I get dizziness too. Is this normal?

Mistyfog
06-11-12, 10:18
This can be very normal. I've suffered with my Sinus's for many years and had a couple of operations.

When its bad I get all sorts of symptoms from it, dizziness is the most common, facial pain, headaches, eye pain and pressure, skull pain and tenderness and the list goes on.

I used to really worry about the symptoms and this made it 100 times worst. Half the time the sinus problems flared up with a virus related illness.

It's also worth getting a skin price allergy test fine as well. A lot of my sinus related symptoms were caused by a lot of things I never knew I was allergic too.

camperlady
06-11-12, 11:46
i,ve suffered with my sinusus most of my life n then about 15 years ago the doctor gave me a nasal spray called rhinocort and it really helps a lot, i still sniff a lot and get pressure above my eyes, especially on awaking but not half as bad, i also use a nasal wash, bit messy but that helps too, hope this helps the dizziness n cotton wooly feeling :hugs:xx

davyboy123
20-11-12, 13:18
Yes the ear is associated with sinus. Also pls check to make sure there is no black mold or leaking toilets causing your sinus issues. rhinocort and amoxcillan is good to clear the sinus infection.

Melisssa
21-11-12, 11:33
Becaause our equilibrium is in our ears. If our ears block due to sinus it messes with our balance. Sinus symtoms can mimic anxiety. Right down to derealisation.. It triggers my anxiety alot. I have a friend who kept having what felt like the start of a panic attack whenever her breast Milk would come down. I researched this for her,and found it is a condition and even has a name.. It's due to the release of hormones. It triggered many panic attacks before she found out.. It's easier to deal with if it isn't in your head :)

camperlady
21-11-12, 12:05
i never knew that, that sinus symptoms can mimic anxiety, i,ve suffered all my life with my sinusus too and depression n anxiety, i know it gives me a stuffy, fuzzy head and pain but that never occoured to me, could you tell me more or give me a link so that i can read up on it please???
karen xx :ohmy:

Melisssa
22-11-12, 11:32
Just google sinus and anxiety, you should find heaps. Another is PMS, and it only takes a trigger!! One day before that time of the month and my anxiety is through the roof. That's enough to keep me on edge for days..

shellyruby40
25-11-12, 00:26
I have chronic sinus problems and its awful..i always have dizziness with it..and once had vertigo with it..its all connected.
dizziness with it is definalty normal.x

danielson
28-11-12, 19:46
Hi Shelly,
Id be interested as to how you feel dizziness and vertigo are different.

Thanks..

PinkRoxy
04-12-12, 21:15
Thanks you all. My dad gets it bad too. I was put on roxithromycin which seemed to clear it up but it still comes and goes in a mild form. I also notice I strange smell or taste in my nose when I have sinus problems. Does anyone get that?

lecole
05-12-12, 13:36
I always suffer really bad sinus pain. But I notice when it gets really inflamed and painful I get dizziness too. Is this normal?

Absolutely. I had a bad cold a year or so ago, which led to sinusitus. This caused me to feel dizzy, like my head was a marshmallow. It's horrible. Have a rest and DON'T stand too quickly, the combination just makes a dizzy turn.

Feel better soon.

dann
06-12-12, 09:22
Yer I've got sinus problems now, dizzy, pressure in head, random quick pains (only happened a few times) been having sinus problems for over a year now, but the dizziness is pretty new and horrible as I can't help but think of something like a brain tumour!

Always just in time for Xmas :D :(