PDA

View Full Version : lymph nodes concerns yet again

almamatters
06-11-12, 10:35
Hi firstly feel an idiot my ultrasound scan is tomorrow not today, so another day to worry ( how could I have got the day wrong ) :doh: Spoke to GP again about my 3 swollen lymph nodes behind ear and he said he is not concerned about them, does not feel a scan is necessary and that he has done the relevant blood tests needed to check for anything sinister. Why can't I be reassured. He can not explain why they are swollen and the fact they have been swollen for several months now which does not help my anxieties. Could tell that he was not prepared to listen to me go on about them anyway. Why can't I just trust what they are saying?????

beauty2010
06-11-12, 11:35
Oh lymph nodes - been there with kids
Swollen ones are so common
There is a very good thread on here dedicated to lymph nodes. Sometimes they get swollen and then never go back down. I have a swollen one in my cheek which has stayed big for 10 years.
Bxxxxx

kirstynic
06-11-12, 14:32
Really feeling the same only have not had blood tests as doctors has not felt necessary tho if my next ultrasound comes back with nodes still enlarged then he will.

Also still getting rib pain :(

Good luck for tomorrow xx

Kellybobz
06-11-12, 14:48
Hi if you get chance look at my threads. You will see how ill i made myself over the lymphnodes! I still have my swollen lymphnodes in my groin neck and one armpit. Im fine. The only thing which made me ill was my own anxiety over them. X

swgrl09
06-11-12, 15:00
sometimes once they are swollen they do not return to normal size ... doesn't mean anything is wrong with them as long as they are not getting bigger and bigger and bigger. i have a bunch i can feel.

robin321
06-11-12, 15:12
My wife is going through something similar right now. She has a swollen node towards the back of her neck, on the side, under her ear. It is pretty close to the skin, round, and doesn't seem to move. It is on her left side.

She is pretty anxious about it. She has actually had two ultrasounds. They both seem to show 'reactive nodes'. This just means they are reacting to something (or reacted), most likely an infection of some sort.

Yours are in the same area it seems... you prob have the same thing.

My wife sees an ENT next week. This was more at her instance than the doctors, since she is pretty anxious about it.

I am not anxious about it right now, as from what I know ultrasounds can distinguish pretty well. What to remember is that you prob won't get a result right away. And don't concentrate on what the techinican is doing. We got all stressed out over that (i.e. the amount of time he spent + he left the room).

I am sure you will be fine. I have seen through looking things up about my wife that this is fairly common. In fact I read a post from a nurse at an ENT. She had only started there a month ago, and had seen a lot of this already and they were all fine.

Good luck and keep us posted. I had my own neck lymph node issues last year so I know how hard it can be with the anxiety.

almamatters
06-11-12, 15:35
Robin : have asked GP for referral to ENT but he does not feel it is necessary . I am assuming that as my bloods were ok that he has ruled out lymphoma? and that is why he seemed pretty unconcerned. Got tomorrow to get through anyway. So stressed about my ultrasound. Thanks all for your replies :flowers: