PDA

View Full Version : Feeling awkward about this but thought I would introduce myself anyway :)

anduril38
06-11-12, 14:54
Got forwarded this forum by a friend and I thought I would join.

Basically yeah, names Michael. I'm 22 and live in the UK. Have IBS and just got diagnosed with depression a week ago. Been feeling a bit alone and overwhelmed about it all but this place looks good to meet people and talk to them so :)

As to more about me......hmmm. Well, I graduated from university last year with History and Politics combined....I love military history and the war portion of it.

I am a massive fan of tennis, follow it almost religiously, and will love talking to others about it. Favourite tennis players are Del Potro, Federer, Berdych, Djokovic, Roddick (will miss this guy =[). Don't really have many tennis players I don't like really.

I also love video gaming, adore Elder Scrolls series :D

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

fozzy is crying
06-11-12, 14:58
:welcome:
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Elle-Kay
06-11-12, 15:01
Hi Michael, and welcome to NMP :)

You'll definitely find people here who you can chat with and relate to, so don't be afraid to dive right in to posting.

I'm also a history addict and a tennis fan (I'm watching Federer vs. Tipsarevic on BBC2 as I type!) :D I'm more into social than military history, but I'd find it hard to pinpoint any one period I'm most interested in, as I'll pretty much read/learn about anything that catches my fancy! How about you?

Oh, and I used to be big into MMO video-gaming (though I don't have so much time these days, so sort of got out of the habit, although my hubby still plays and I have an on-again/off-again subscription to Dark Age of Camelot).

Are you sure you're not my long-lost (slightly younger) twin? :winks:

Welcome again :)

nomorepanic
06-11-12, 15:05
Hi anduril38

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

anduril38
06-11-12, 15:08
Hi Michael, and welcome to NMP :)

You'll definitely find people here who you can chat with and relate to, so don't be afraid to dive right in to posting.

I'm also a history addict and a tennis fan (I'm watching Federer vs. Tipsarevic on BBC2 as I type!) :D I'm more into social than military history, but I'd find it hard to pinpoint any one period I'm most interested in, as I'll pretty much read/learn about anything that catches my fancy! How about you?

Oh, and I used to be big into MMO video-gaming (though I don't have so much time these days, so sort of got out of the habit, although my hubby still plays and I have an on-again/off-again subscription to Dark Age of Camelot).

Are you sure you're not my long-lost (slightly younger) twin? :winks:

Welcome again :)

Hehe :P Maybe :hugs:

Feel bad for Tipsy as he's not 100% into this match, but he's not playing too badly despite it =)

I read/write quite a lot, I love my video games!

MissHDynamite
06-11-12, 15:41
:welcome: Michael. Lots of lovely people with great support and advice on here . Congratulations on graduating from Uni .. Well done :) x

MRS STRESS ED
06-11-12, 15:52
:welcome: TO NMP LOTS OF HELP AND SUPPORT HERE XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

AnxiousBaker
06-11-12, 16:28
Welcome to NMP!

almamatters
06-11-12, 16:31
:welcome: Yes congrats on graduating. xxx

anduril38
06-11-12, 16:31
Thanks all :) xx

Sparkle1984
06-11-12, 18:22
Hi Michael, welcome to the forums. :) There is no need to feel awkward as everyone here is going through similar issues and I've always found everyone to be helpful and supportive.
What treatment and/or therapy are you receiving for your depression?

mandshere2000
06-11-12, 19:42
Hi Michael
:welcome: nice to meet you and congrats on graduating