PDA

View Full Version : Rang the mental health offices....

Trapped
06-11-12, 17:37
and they have told me they are discussing me tomorrow and making a decision about what help they can offer me. The admin lady I spoke to said I will be seeing an intensive CBT therapist and probably a counsellor in addition.

Just the thought of all this scares me.

MissHDynamite
06-11-12, 17:46
Hello Trapped.. I still have another 10 months on the waiting list for CBT so turn that fear into excitement if you can. You now know that your road to recovery is on its way :) x

Trapped
06-11-12, 18:09
Hello Trapped.. I still have another 10 months on the waiting list for CBT so turn that fear into excitement if you can. You now know that your road to recovery is on its way :) x

thanks, wish I could speed it up for us :hugs:

BobbyDog
06-11-12, 18:34
That's fantastic news.:yahoo:

Trapped
06-11-12, 18:51
That's fantastic news.:yahoo:

thanks Bobbydog, how are you? :hugs:

Sparkle1984
06-11-12, 19:58
Good luck with your CBT, Trapped! :) I have found CBT really helpful.

Trapped
06-11-12, 21:45
Good luck with your CBT, Trapped! :) I have found CBT really helpful.

thanks so much :hugs:

Trapped
11-11-12, 23:19
over a week later and no contact, NOT a good start. Why promise to call and not do. Looks like they will be as hopeless with me as they are with my son.

Sparkle1984
12-11-12, 22:14
That doesn't sound too good. If you don't hear from them within the next couple of days, maybe you could try calling them to see what's happening?

Trapped
14-11-12, 22:45
That doesn't sound too good. If you don't hear from them within the next couple of days, maybe you could try calling them to see what's happening?

suppose I shall have to, don't like chasing them to help me though, it makes me anxious before I start

Richard1960
14-11-12, 23:34
Hi

Do not be anxious about the CBT its really good i did mine via a computer based course with 9 booklets to accompany it with a weekly telephone support call.

Also counselling can be good as it forces you to confront things in a positive way and to be open about your feelings.

I know certain mental health areas have problems with huge demand,but i would definately contact them and give them a very gentle nudge.:)

Richard.