PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram !!! help needed

stev1971
06-11-12, 20:15
Hi i am paul i am 41 and from england and basically getting more ****ed everyday, i have been on the citalopram for bout 4 months now at 20mg and i went to the dr as i have been feeling lower than low, he has recommended that i go up another 10mg to 30mg,which i have but still crap, does anyone take 40mg a day ??? i am new to all this so i dont have a clue and i thought talking to strangers may help as i do keep all my feeling to my self

nomorepanic
06-11-12, 20:26
Hi stev1971

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

fozzy is crying
06-11-12, 20:29
:welcome:
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

milo.1
06-11-12, 20:30
hi mate..im on 30mg been on them 12months.. you still feelin crap on 30mg? wot did ya gp say about going up to 40mg? i no ya can take upto 60mg a day so ya have got a way to go for the full dose..give them time they really helping me..chin up mate..try to relax :D

Sparkle1984
06-11-12, 21:07
Welcome to the forums! :) How long have you been on 30mg for? It may be that the increase hasn't fully kicked in yet.

Milo - the maximum recommended dose is now 40mg.

stev1971
06-11-12, 21:14
thats a major issue, relax, i cant i am always on edge and i get angry at the drop of a hat, i lost it today with a traffic warden just for walking towards my car while i was getting my son from school, i havent asked my dr about 40 mg i just decided to take 2 lots as the 30mg were doing nowt,i wasnt like this a year ago so thats why now i am so uptight and angry, my missus is sound with me and i have no reason to be angry as i have a lovely son who i worship and a missus that i love to bits, i seriously am beginning to think that the late 80's and 90's recreation drugs are having there long term effect on me now

Sparkle1984
06-11-12, 21:21
If you want to go up to 40mg it's best to speak to your doctor. As I said in my last post, it may be that the increase to 30mg hasn't kicked in yet - it can take several weeks to reach the full effect.

PanicYeNot
06-11-12, 22:04
Hi there
I used to take Citalopram at 40mg, for a number of years in fact and found them really good, so much so that I didnt think about anxiety or panic attacks :) sadly the anxiety returned this year and as 40mg is actually now the max dose in the UK for Cit I have now started a different med. I think with all meds it does take a fair while to find the right dose and for the full effects to be had which is not good news for us poor souls. Hang in there you will get there :bighug1:

Serenitie
07-11-12, 16:17
:welcome: Stev1971 You'll receive a lot of support on here :)

mimijames
07-11-12, 16:26
I take 40mg Citalopram a day, have taken them for about 6 years now, and never had any problems with it.

I went through many to find one that actually had any effect and started on 20mg originally.

Charlee123
07-11-12, 21:22
i came of this because the side effects were awful, i was violent and very angry and everyone.
x