PDA

View Full Version : "Water numbitis"

Kroko
08-06-04, 11:55
That's what I call it!

I feel like I can keep my hands in as cold or as hot water as the faucet can provide without it hurting, or feeling like anything for that matter. I haven't had this one for very long. It's frustrating to turn the heat all the way up without having to withdraw my hands from under the water tap! My hands are often red and dry and tingling because of this to a point where I have to apply hand lotion onto them.

It's worrying me. I know I just recently started the videogame thread, and here I am bothering you again! :D I just can't get my mind off it.

Meg
08-06-04, 13:39
'I feel like I can keep my hands'.....but you don't have to it seems.

Some people have a greater tolerence for heat and cold and can immerse themselves in what others would consider awfully extreme temperatures and are fine.

It doesn't do any long term good but in the short term domestic tap water is unlikely to get hot enough to burn an adults hands which have thicker skin then other bits of us.

I wouldn't consider this that unusual , is it a problem to you ?

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

Kroko
08-06-04, 15:11
Well it has become a bit of a problem as I haven't gotten my mind off it so I've felt compelled to test it whenever washing my hands.