PDA

View Full Version : Dentist! Its time to do something!...

anxietyoverload
07-11-12, 10:52
Im 22 years old and have a HUGE fear of the dentist, only went as a child! But i have a black hole on one of my front teeth and I hate so im going to have to go! Does anyone know what they will do and if it will be painful?

Also for as long as I can remember my gums bleed when I brush so It could be gum disease but as its been going on for about 10 years im now sure! if it is what do they do in this situation? x

Elle-Kay
07-11-12, 10:55
For your gums they'll probably recommend that you see the Hygienist for a de-scaling/deep clean, and will probably also mention flossing and a good brand of mouthwash. The de-scaling isn't painful. I used to quite enjoy it as your teeth feel lovely afterwards :)

anxietyoverload
07-11-12, 11:09
I just want to go and feel like im in control? I want to say look all I want is for you to fill in this hole or get a veneer or something. I think I would like braces on my top teeth too! I jsut have this memory of going to the dentist and not having a choice! Im scared I will go and they will be give me fillings and i wont have a choice if you know what i mean x

Elle-Kay
07-11-12, 11:13
You always have a choice :) One of my dentists a few years ago (I never end up seeing the same one) recommended a filling, but because I was in no pain I said no, and then at my next check-up the following year the next dentist didn't think I needed a filling, so it just goes to show.

anxietyoverload
07-11-12, 11:26
Im going to man up and go! For years I have hated my teeth! Its going to be awful having braces at 22 but better late than never! xx