PDA

View Full Version : HELP ADVICE PLEASE

ruthb1
14-08-06, 10:43
HI,

I FEEL LIKE A FAILURE AT THE MOMENT AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

I CAME OFF MY ANTI 'D'S ABOUT 5-6 WEEKS AGO AND AT FIRST I WAS OK I HAD A LITTLE NAUSEA FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND THEN I WAS FINE, INFACT I WAS ON TOP OF THE WORLD.

BUT FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW I HAVE BEEN AT MY WITS END I HAVE HAD THESE PAINS IN MY CHEST WHICH I HAVE BEEN TO THE DOCTOR ABOUT AND HE SAYS THAT IT IS MUSCULAR AND NOW I AM HAVING DIZZY SPELLS OR FEELINGS OF OFF BALANCE AND THEY ARE FREAKING ME OUT, I DONT KNOW WHETHER THEY ARE WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS AT THE MOMENT AND TO TRY AND JUST PERSEVERE OR WHETHER TO GO BACK ONTO MY MEDS AS I FEEL AS THOUGH I CANT COPE WITH THIS ANYMORE, IT IS MAKING ME FEEL HORRIBLE AGAIN. WHILST I AM TYPING THIS I AM SHAKING AND I KNOW THAT I AM PANICKING.

I FEEL A TOTAL FAILURE AT THE MOMENT AFTER I WAS DOING SO WELL AND JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ANYBODY ELSE HAS HAD THESE FEELINGS AFTER COMING OFF MEDS OR WHETHER I SHOULD GO BACK ON THEM

SORRY FOR WRITING AN ESSAY BUT I AM AT MY WITS END TODAY

THANKS

RUTH X X

Humly
14-08-06, 11:28
Its probably just worrying about your chest pains that is making you feel dizzy. Your doc says that they are muscular so try to accept this. Have a look at some of the posts on here about dizzyness and you will see that it is a common symptom of anxiety and unfortunately the more you worry the worse the dizzyness seems to get. I went through months of feeling light headed and off balance and it was all just anxiety. It went as soon as I focused on something else. although I do get the odd day now and then when it comes back - I try to just ignore it.

I can't really comment on whether this could be from coming off the meds as I have not been on them for any length of time but I suppose it could be.

You are not a failure. This is just a blip and you will get through it.

Take care

LT xx

manmoor
14-08-06, 12:36
My dear friend Ruth,

Don't you dare call yourself a failure hun cos you've done brilliant these past few weeks. I tend to agree with the doctor about the pains being muscular cos thats what my doctor has told me mine are so please please believe this. You know I am here for you anytime you want to chat.

Thinking of you.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

Southern_Belle
15-08-06, 16:21
Hi Ruth,

I don't know what to say to you I just wanted you to know what I am here for you if you need me. I know how difficult it is to go off the meds and stay off so I am so supportive of what you have done. I do hope you feel better soon.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

magenta_mandy
16-08-06, 20:47
hello ruth,
the symtoms u r having are due to u coming off the meds, did u come off gradually??? even now after not taking the tablets i still get them feelings, u r maybe worried about being off them as as we all know they r like a life line for us, r best friends even.
take care mandy d

mandy dennis

jackie
16-08-06, 20:52
a failure? NO! a brave trooper

no beating yourself up for this thing we go through is hard enough without punishing your wee self

good luck in whatever you decide

jackie

ruthb1
16-08-06, 22:06
thankyou all for your kind words, its great to know that i am not going mad

ruth