PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop crying! Help me

Anxious lu
07-11-12, 12:09
Can anxiety cause numb patches all over the body? I have it on my forehead arm and bottom of my leg..

Anxiety is high today and I'm ferried of ms again. I'm hung over too which makes anxiety worse I just feel like my body is deteriorating and I just can't go on anymore can't stop crying!!

It's like a lack of sensitivity I can still feel things just not as good as other parts of skin..

Someone help me please

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

I feel like its spreading

Chrissy88
07-11-12, 12:53
Hello,
Yes, anxiety can cause numbness and tingly feelings in your extremities. It happens every time I have a really severe panic attack. I usually get in in my face and hands.

Anxious lu
07-11-12, 15:54
Okay thank you. I just really struggle with all these symptoms.

Chrissy88
07-11-12, 16:17
I know, it's very very frightening, but you aren't in any danger even though your mind is screaming at you that you are. The reason for the numbness/tingliness is that the pH level in your blood changes when you have a panic attack, it feels awful but it won't hurt you.

nomorepanic
07-11-12, 16:18
Have you read this page:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

Anxious lu
07-11-12, 17:10
Yes but should I be experiencing loss of sensitivity is I'm not having an anxiety attack Chrissy? That's what I keep wondering :-(

Thank you Nicola I read it through yesterday but as we all know with health anxiety out reassurance is short lived

Chrissy88
07-11-12, 18:30
I've personally never had any ongoing numbness outside of a panic attack. There could be a lot of different reasons for it, if it keeps occuring I would definitely make an appointment with your GP just to make sure all is well.

Anxious lu
07-11-12, 19:11
I think I have experienced it before when my anxiety first started and was high. It weaned and i forgot about it and felt better. Now Ive experienced twitches and aching and this. I have had an MRI scan in september and a neuro appointment in january but im told his is regarding my migraines.. MS has never been suggested to me and I hope that if they saw anything on the scan I would know by now but these fears still plague me.

Ive started really aching now but that could be due to spending the day tense and worried about this MS... (wish a believed that)

I hope anyway..

Toffeeapple
07-11-12, 20:29
The most useful thing that a GP has every said to me when I suggested to him that I may have MS was "I have seen plenty of patients with lots of symptoms of MS who didn't have MS so don't worry."
It really REALLY reassured me and I hope this is reassuring you too. :hugs:

Anxious lu
07-11-12, 20:49
It has toffee apple lol thank you :)

swgrl09
07-11-12, 20:50
I know that when I am hungover every symptom is worse and I do get tingling from time to time, worse when hungover, as well. I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. I hope you feel better soon

Anxious lu
07-11-12, 20:52
can i ask what made you think you had ms?

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

Yes I am hoping that i wake up better tomorrow and certainly wont be drinking again for a while..