PDA

View Full Version : Side effects help needed

Pinkbrenda2012
07-11-12, 20:15
Hey i am on sertraline and have been for around a month now but last week it was upped to 100mg instead of 50mg and since ive felt sick, dizzy and generally rubbish thought i had a virus but then i got to thinking it might be the side effects and if so how long will it last?

swgrl09
07-11-12, 20:56
It could very well be side effects ... everybody is different. When you started originally how long did it take to get over the side effects?

PanicYeNot
07-11-12, 21:05
Hey PinkBrenda
I was on 50mg Sertraline for a week then went up to 100mg - too quickly I now realise - and boy did I feel awful...mainly stomach probs, I shall spare you the details but needless to say I couldnt go very far lol. The doc kept telling me I had some gastric virus but after tests proved twas not the case I decided to cut back to 50mg and lo and behold the symptoms eased (still not great but at least I can leave the house lol) soooo my doc has now said to stick with the 50mg for a couple of months to allow my system to get used to it. Were u ok on 50mg? Why did the doc increase it?

Pinkbrenda2012
07-11-12, 21:08
I was ok but still needed that bit extra to help me get out and about. I to have a had stomach problems but the doctors have messed with my tabs that much that i need to settle on one. Jus want it all sorted !

PanicYeNot
08-11-12, 09:10
Amen to that my friend I totally understand how u feel, every morning I wake up hoping that today will be the day I feel 'normal' again and it's very disheartening when it isn't. How r u feeling today?