PDA

View Full Version : Stroke fears

hamesh
07-11-12, 23:25
I am having really bad neck tension right now and i'm afraid it may give me a stroke.I'm having shooting pains in the head(from neck to head),weird sounds in my neck and head and a needle prick sensation in my neck and head. My head feels like it weighs 100 pounds and i'm freaking out i may get a stroke. Went to the docs on Monday and he said it was all tension, he did my BP it was 110/80. Nothing i do seems to get rid of the neck tension. Should i go to the hospital?

Ziggy455
07-11-12, 23:51
Stroke, like many vascular conditions, are caused by high blood pressure. The only other way for you to get them is if you've had certain conditions since birth, like congenital defects. If your BP is fine and your doctor tells you it's tension. It most likely is.

I'm terrified of a stroke too, and I get those symptoms. I'm still here. Relax, strokes don't become a real probable possibility until your 60s. Otherwise, keep to a healthy diet, and breathe. You're all good.

Elle-Kay
07-11-12, 23:53
I think you should try to trust your GP, and maybe look into getting some massage/physiotherapy to help with the neck tension.

Laura123
08-11-12, 00:00
It's easy to tell you it's not a stroke but not easy for you to believe it. I really think from what you described that it is tension. Why not try as Elle suggests and see f it helps, then your mind may rest a bit x