PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!!

Chellec
14-08-06, 14:41
Hi guys

Am new here but have been reading up on the messages!

Well not having a good time, have been having bad panic attacks for a good few months. Seemed to start when my breathing went funny- turns out that I’m allergic to our dog and we have had to find him a new home. He has been gone a month and breathing still not great. Thought I was having an asthma attack a while ago and went up to the hospital- all they said was, was I an anxious person? They wouldn’t help at all.
Any way started to get depressed and have been having horrible crazy thoughts along with the panic attacks went to the docs and at first he gave me Diazepam ( this was after he gave me a nasal spray as said the breathing problem was due to hay fever- before I got my allergy tests back- great help!! Not)
Only took a few of those then I hadn’t got any better so he has given me cipralex- im just starting my 3rd week and as of tonight going to try and take them before bed as feel sick and dizzy all day when I take them in the morning. I’m not sure they are helping that much yet
Any words of wisdom for me??
Also have started to take a multi vitamin as need the supplements- hope this is ok to take with the meds?

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

xxxxxx

nicjay
14-08-06, 18:38
Hi Michelle

Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of information and support here.

Nicola
xxx

nomorepanic
14-08-06, 18:42
Hi Michelle

Welcome aboard.

Have a read of everything on the website as there is some great advice on there for helping with coping and recovery.

Hope you get some great support here.

Nicola

manmoor
14-08-06, 18:58
Hi Michelle,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

trac67
14-08-06, 22:52
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

polly daydream
15-08-06, 00:16
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

giddy
15-08-06, 08:03
Welcome to the forum Michelle
love Helen

Cindy
15-08-06, 09:20
Hi
Welcome and in no time we all will be good friends as i an new as well.

Chellec
15-08-06, 09:44
THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE WELCOME GUYS!!!!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully we can all help each other- lord knows I need the help!!!!

xxxxxxxx

mannix10
15-08-06, 20:10
Hi Michelle,

2 things :- (1) used to work in a hospital and the best thing to stop you feeling sick is to eat something(!) - even a piece of toast - before taking any medication, as a lot of them do make you feel sick, and (2) the best cure for dizziness, believe it or not, is just to accept it or even try to bring it on by standing up and down quickly. In the American space program nearly all the astronauts feel dizzy with motion sickness when they 1st begin training. How do they overcome it. Well they put them in a spinning (centrifugal) machine which actually brings the dizziness on. Then they basically continue doing this with them until they get so used to it that it no longer bothers them. Hope this helps!

pharmacybhoy