PDA

View Full Version : Bad cough, runny nose

turnthelighton
08-11-12, 09:04
Had a nasty cold for 2 weeks, went away and then on 2nd week of holiday it came back on the plane home I got a cough :-( been to docs who gave me some medicine for tickle coughs, he listened to my breathing and said my lungs are clear.
I am a light smoker so have given that up to help me heal something I should have done a long time ago.
Now worried I might have lung cancer :-( why can't I just accept its a cold? HA makes me feel so low

Annie0904
08-11-12, 10:06
Coughs can last for quite a while, they usually do with me after a cold. If your doctor has checked you then you will fine. Just give it time to clear. :hugs:

jumpwomble
08-11-12, 10:20
Coughs can certainly last a while!!! I've had one that lasted about a month after a bad bout!!! I even had a colleague at work who was coughing for well over a month, he had to go back to the GP in case he developed asthma, but it was just a stubborn lurgy. It is very very common so don't worry. Sometimes, once a cough reflex has developed, you are inclined to cough/feel ticklish even though the infection has disappeared. Try drinking warm soothing drinks or popping a lozenge to calm down that cough reflex.

turnthelighton
09-11-12, 13:09
Thanks for the replies things are getting better. No I just so tired could sleep 24/7 :-(