PDA

View Full Version : Time to change?

Scoobydoo1
08-11-12, 11:20
Ok it's been 7 weeks today that once again I stated full dose of 20 mg of floux, before this I was weaning myself off taking one 3 times a week, been mostly on them for around 8 years with great results. This time nothing happening like before, still anxious in the morning, dry retching . Do you think it's time to change meds, do you think I've become immune? Sometimes I feel a bit better but I think that is because side effects wear off and it leads us to think there working, in my case this time they are clearly not. Have docs this afternoon but she just tends to agree with what I want to do, wish she would be more assertive. Xx any advice please? Xx

BobbyDog
08-11-12, 18:10
This seems to be a common problem with SSRI's. A lot of people who take them for the second time around have worse side effects than they did initially. I tried Citalopram again and I will not go in to detail, but it was a non starter. It is as though the brain has a defence mechanism built up from previous exposure. I would suggest to your doctor that you try a different type of medication. I went on to Mirtazapine.

Tufty
08-11-12, 18:25
Dear Scooby - your post could of been written by me! I too have been on Prozac taking 3 a week for nearly 9 years. I won't go into detail here but read my post http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=123887
My docs exactly the same and asks me what do I want to do, continue with the meds, stop or try something different - how do I know??
Let us know how you got on to
Love and hugs
Sam