PDA

View Full Version : Loneliness and depression

sahara
08-11-12, 12:14
I feel really lonely, like I have no good friends except from one, no-one ever rings me or texts me to see if I want to go out apart from the one friend.

I do go out with people, but I always instigate the arrangement.

I went out with a someone to the cinema who I have known for a while 2 years, and all the way there and back we laughed and joked, I mean really laughed and I felt like we had made a connection, but now she is all cool and dsimissive when I suggest doing something else. I have left it while between that and suggesting doing something else cos I dont want to go full on too quickly. But I just dont understand.

I just feel like if I was not to bother arranging anything, no-one would ring me and that makes me lonely despite being surrounded by people.

Does anyone else feel like this, its making me very low and my husband doesnt seem to understand

Its making me more self concious and anxious and even harder to talk to people incase I am boring or something.

I just don't know what to do.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum mods x

BobbyDog
08-11-12, 17:59
Perhaps it is her(the girl you went to the cinema with) and not you who has a problem. Speaking form personal experience, I read too much in to everything and get really paranoid. Something that I have started to do recently, is put myself in the other persons shoes, try to see it from their point of view.

Until recently I had no friends, I started a meet-up in Leeds and so far so good we have had a great time and are meeting again this Sunday, different venue. Perhaps this would be worth a try in your area - people who understand anxiety.