PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline script today!

AnxiousBaker
08-11-12, 14:24
Hi everybody, i have read through the posts about Sertraline and i`m getting nervous about taking it. Fluoxetine helped me the first time around but recently put me in A&E, so obviously it is time to change medication. My doctor has this morning prescribed Sertraline but after reading about some of the side effects its making me wary. I know there will be some, im used to that but i really don't want to be so bad i need to go into hospital again. I must admit im a tad scared to take. I wont start taking them until Monday morning as i have a few days off work next week anyway, so if it makes me ill it doesn't matter, i`ll be at home!
The drug is made by Pfizer called Lustral 50mg Sertraline...anybody else on this one? Any advice on what i could expect?
They have been prescribed for my anxiety and the associated depression with it.

hellybelly1982
08-11-12, 20:12
My doctor changed my meds from citalopram 40mg to 100mg of sertraline three weeks ago and two days ago as changed it back to citalopram. Sertraline is very good for dealing with unwanted thoughts and rumination but I found my anxiety increased so my doctor advised me going back on to citalopram and then taking some propanol if I need them. The worse thing you can do is research side affects on the internet or read the leaflet about the side affects because if your like anything like me it scares you senseless. Just give it a go and see how you go. Like you say you have a few days off next week so if you do have any trobule at least you wont have to worry about work and can go back to the docs. Im sure you will be fine.

AnxiousBaker
08-11-12, 20:29
You're right about reading the leaflet, i know it shouldn't be done but cant help it.
I will give it a go and update on here.

PanicYeNot
08-11-12, 20:56
Hi there
All tablets affect people differently. I've just started Sertraline and tbh there are a few side effects as with all these meds but hey I'm still here lol. I think we all get scared when taking a new med but we kinda don't have a choice if we want to get rid of this awful anxiety do we? My advice is to just take it easy for the first couple of days and get lots of rest.

hellybelly1982
09-11-12, 19:36
yeah I agree with panicyenot when starting new meds take it easy and have some chill out time movies, yummy food, sleep - nothing stressful just take it easy :hugs: