PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day

Lizzy
08-06-04, 15:03
I've had an awful day today, Anxious and agitated I could hardly keep still. Tried to find jobs to do to distract myself, but couldn't get rid of the anxiety at all it was just whirling round and round in my head, I felt like screaming. I came off antidepressants 5months ago could it still be the after effects of those? I am going on holiday on Friday, very apprehensive and scared. Going abroad for two weeks, wish I wasn't at this particular time. Suggestions welcome

Love Liz

april tones
08-06-04, 15:44
hi lizzy, how long did you stay on them for? did something hapen to make you feel like that? love april x

apriltones

seh1980
08-06-04, 15:48
Hi there Liz,

It sounds like you are having a tought time at the moment. I can understand why you are feeling nervous about going abroad. Since I have been suffering from panic attacks, I have had to travel to the US and to France. Each time, I was so scared about it but was so happy afterwards that I had done it. Just think of how proud of yourself you will be!! The important thing is to stay positive and remember that, although a trip abroad is very scary in the short-term, it will do you a lot of good in the long-term.
Take care and good luck!!

Sarah (seh1980)

sadie
08-06-04, 21:52
Hi Lizzy,

Im sorry you've had a bad day today, but we all have dad days or weeks when we feel more agitated and worked up than others. I think you probably have been subconsciously worrying about your holiday and maybe thats why you feel really on edge at the moment.

Try and do some positive thinking from now and through your holiday. Say to yourself that you will be ok because its only anxiety thats making you feel on edge and nothing more. Dont focus on the symptoms or how you are feeling and I promise the symptoms will disappear. The more we focus on them the worse they get.

Maybe invest in some rescue remedy to take with you so you can put in some water and sip throughout the day which will help keep you a bit calm. By a good book and try and lose yourself in it during the day and do some deep breathing exercises while lying at the pool.

Overall I think the best thing to do is to stay positive and try and relax the best you can. Pace yourself during the holiday and if you feel a bit anxious just do some deep breathing and think positive thoughts and the anxiety will pass.

I am also just going to put on a coping technique called HOOK UPS which will also help you as it definetly has helped me so have alook out for it.

Take care and try and have fun. Let us know how you got on.

sadie

Lizzy
08-06-04, 22:42
Thanks april tones
I was on them about 2 years but the previous day I was "talking" to someone who was totally negative and I think it just got to me
Love Liz

Lizzy
08-06-04, 22:44
Hello Sarah I'll think of you when I go on holiday and try and stay positive

Love Liz

Lizzy
08-06-04, 22:47
Thanks for the advice Sadie I shall certainly do my best to put it into practice. Look forward to reading about HOOK UPS. lOVE lIZ

april tones
10-06-04, 16:42
hi lizzy, do you think you could do with going back on them? x

apriltones

nomorepanic
10-06-04, 19:53
Lizzy

I am aware of the upset that talking to the person has had. Have you decided to stay away for a while. You need to look after yourself and try not to let others get you down too much. There is only so much you can do yeah?

Hope you feel better soon.

Nicola