PDA

View Full Version : Small movable lump in armpit

punkydoodledoo
08-11-12, 16:07
Hi, Last night I was wondering what was hurting in my left armpit/breast area, and found a painful lump deep in my armpit. It is completely movable left, right, up, and down. If I put my left arm to my side, bend my elbow, and put my thumb in my armpit, my thumb tip rests on the spot. I have no family history of breast cancer and am 37. The lump is the size of a marble, smaller than the pad of my thumb. I am hoping it's not breast cancer because it is movable and painful and just showed up out of the blue. My whole house is sick (though I am not), so I'm wondering about a swollen lymph node? Should I fear breast cancer? Any help will be very appreciated. :hugs:

bronte
09-11-12, 00:26
by your description it sounds like a lymph node which as reacted to something it could be even shaving your armpits thats caused it i know quite a few people who has had this x

katielou80
09-11-12, 06:23
i had one of those! its a gland. i worried about it for months before going to my gp xx

punkydoodledoo
09-11-12, 13:26
Thank you! I have an appointment with the gp on Monday. I'm still super worried by nature, but hoping for a good diagnosis :)

meche
09-11-12, 14:28
Only your doctor can tell you for sure what it is but moveable lumps are generally considered nothing serious. I've just had an ultrascan and needle biopsy for a lump in my boob and it was fibrous (non-cancerous). Don't start poking/prodding about. I did this and made myself sore and started thinking the worst but it was purely self inflicted.
Your GP may know straight away what it is but don't be concerned if they do refer you - it's routine and doesn't mean anything bad. Good luck and let us know how you get on. xx