PDA

View Full Version : Depersonalization - Is it serious?

Ziggy455
08-11-12, 20:56
Before my migraines (classic) I used to suffer from brief severe depersonalization that would warn me of an imminent migraine. However my migraines have stopped. But, I still have depersonalization and I've had it strongly as of lately. I've had DEREALIZATION and such quite heavily lately and I hear it's an anxiety based symptom.

To explain what depersonalization is to people: it's a spaced out feeling, like your limbs are further away or you don't feel in control of your body or you feel secluded even when in a crowded room. I get all of these feelings. However, I've heard somebody claim depersonalization disorder, is linked to strokes, epilepsy, schizophrenia, and other serious conditions. Now I'm scared. Anybody got any insight on this?

kirstenmonica
10-11-12, 22:33
Hi Ziggy,
ive had depersonilzaion on/off for years now. ive read up on it loads and spoke to docs/therapists about it, its not serious , its your brain being tired, if you are seriously worrying though go to your gp. But like i said ive had it for years now and its just anxiety x