PDA

View Full Version : Propranolol symptoms

TheAmazingJellyfish
08-11-12, 21:08
I've been on 40mgs twice a day for about 3 months but I was just wondering whether anyone else get nightmares and sleeplessness?? And whether there's any tips you can suggest?? Would be much appreciated

folypeelarks
10-11-12, 01:11
It's a common side effect of propanolol, especially the sleeplessness thought the nightmares are rather from the anxiety itself. However, these problems may fade away with time but it's different with every person, I still have them.It takes me hours before I'm able to sleep.
I think that the best way to decrease these side effects is to take the medication as far as possible from the evenings but You should consult with Your doctor about that. :)

nomorepanic
10-11-12, 01:41
I take Bisoprolol when I get up in the morning. When do you take yours?

TheAmazingJellyfish
10-11-12, 08:20
I take 40mgs when I get up and before I go to bed...but I have found that going to sleep as late as possible helps me to be able to sleep

mimijames
10-11-12, 08:33
I take 40mg when I wake and if needed then half way through the day too, Im new to this med , and the sleeplessness is starting to ease off a bit, I actually managed 5 hours today which is great for me lol.

The Dr did say that I could try taking Kalms an hour before I sleep to help but ive yet to get some and try.