PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram - lack of interest/uneasy feelings

little.mess
08-11-12, 21:30
I'm new on citalopram (1week) and within 3days I felt like I didn't feel the same towards things I used to love, expecially exercise and working out. I feel an uneasy dread feeling when I think about working out now. I just don't enjoy it anymore and have no motivation. I'm not tired or anything, I just lost my enthusiasm. Is this a common side effect that will go in time? Thanks

kimballs
08-11-12, 21:51
Hi there this happened to me i only lasted 3wks and stopped as i was getting dizzy and light headed also feeling that way didnt think it was helping i would go back to your gp for something else x

Sparkle1984
08-11-12, 21:58
I think 1 week is too early to go back and ask for something else (unless in cases where the side effects are unbearable). I too had side effects for the first few days. After week 3 my mood was a lot better and I had less anxiety, but it took until week 11 until I felt the full effects. Give it more time and see if things improve. :)

Sparklebright
08-11-12, 22:35
I agree one week is too soon to change. I felt shocking for about 5 days but like sparkle says after about 3 weeks it got better! the more u think about it the worse you'll feel xx

Walks
12-11-12, 15:01
1 week is probably too soon to tell though I have been on them for about 10 weeks and I am still tired all the time and have no motivation for the gym, I literally have to force myself to go. Once I have been I still feel great afterwards so if there's any way you can force yourself, do try as the exercise will help you feel better too :)

little scientist
12-11-12, 15:25
Little.mess, the others say, 1 week is very early days. It's taking me time to feel better but I do think I am slowly getting better with time :)

martin-sheff
17-12-12, 23:02
just found this thread,thought id add a comment,im also on citalopram 30mg have been on them for 9 months now,and my lack of interest in most things is getting worse,basically its like I can't be bothered in doing a lot of things that I used to enjoy doing,eg I used to love messing about with computers,gaming,gym,and ive no interest in now, im also hating the whole Christmas thing,buying presents etc,ive not even put up a tree. In general I seam to be on a downer and can't get out of it.