PDA

View Full Version : Sleep paralysis with hallucination...

ahhhh
08-11-12, 23:19
Last night I couldn't fall asleep for a really long time and suddenly I felt very tired and I felt my mum wake up so I told her I couldn't sleep..then I felt I couldn't move..I know the feeling cos I've had it a lot and I think ohhh damn it it's sleep paralysis again..and I tried to call my mum,whom I believe is awake And looking at me...then I felt she put her hand on my back to wake me up...I woke up and found out my mum's still sleeping....really severe hallucination I think...is this common in sleep paralysis or am I in serious trouble??

ladymillion
09-11-12, 09:41
Hi, I used to get this alot when i was younger. It is a HORRIBLE, SCARY FEELING. To me i can only describe it as feeling like ur mind is awake but u cannot move atall or open your eyes. I used to always feel like i was trying to shout to my mum to wake her up because i always felt something bad was going to happen. I also remember thinking if i can try and bite my arm or nip myself it might wake me up. I used to be terrified to go to sleep incse it happend. I think it is caused by over tiredness.

ahhhh
10-11-12, 01:35
Hi, I used to get this alot when i was younger. It is a HORRIBLE, SCARY FEELING. To me i can only describe it as feeling like ur mind is awake but u cannot move atall or open your eyes. I used to always feel like i was trying to shout to my mum to wake her up because i always felt something bad was going to happen. I also remember thinking if i can try and bite my arm or nip myself it might wake me up. I used to be terrified to go to sleep incse it happend. I think it is caused by over tiredness.

Thanks..I am kinda afraid it's not merely sleep paralysis because of the hallucination and I even had auditory hallucination last night

NoPoet
10-11-12, 22:30
What you've experienced is really common. This is where a lot of UFO abduction stories come from where people "wake up" to find themselves being beamed out of their beds into a UFO. It's kind of like a hypnotic state. Sleep paralysis is a natural mechanism to stop you flailing about in your sleep. Sometimes the mechanism doesn't switch off for several seconds or sometimes even minutes after you truly wake up.

Even if it was a hallucination (which it technically wasn't, it was like a dream), what is there to fear? It's not like you found yourself sitting on the toilet in the middle of Morrisons ;)

Hallucinations are the firing of your imagination. Many people will experience them - I once fleetingly saw a ghost which I know for a fact was a hallucination brought on by fear and expectation. If it hadn't been a hallucination, it would have been the most frightening ghost ever. I even heard it making a noise like a rattlesnake.

Ats666
11-11-12, 07:29
I have this a lot, more so a few years ago but do still have this. In fact I had one about 3 nights ago. They are quite scary and I get quite breathless as soon as I come out of them. I think the scariest one I had was 13 years ago when I just give birth to my daughter, I was in a very old maternity hospital, on my own as they had separated me because I wasn't breast feeding, I then had he sleep paralysis, wit hallucinations, I also feel my face moving, obviously it's not but it feels very real. Like I said I still have them now, but I've kind of got used to them :hugs: