PDA

View Full Version : Had enough! Doctors today & scared

Charlee123
09-11-12, 10:22
Ok so im convined still i have brain tumour. I have been told so many times by doctors it isnt but i just feel like they arent checking properly. I feel so scared so im going to the doctors again to tell her how i feel.
I have suffered headaches since i was 11, im now 26. 6 years ago i beguna gettin tingling down one side that came and went every now and then. Worse with a headache. Also it got worse when i was panicking.
Then when i was pregnant 5 years ago i begun getting bad vision. Doctors and my optician said all was ok. No pressure in my head.
Last week i had eyes tested and my eyes look healthy and theres still no intercranial pressure which i was told would show up if a growths in the brain.
I have tinnitus and have done for 5 years also.
I google my symptoms (naughty me) and i am still scared!
Doc told me its anxiety. I dont believe it.

I also feel the past 8 weeks really odd and sometimes cant think straight. I hae constant butterflies and just cant relax.
Im on sertraline and propranalol.

Can anyone relate?

Elle-Kay
09-11-12, 10:32
I think most people here will be able to relate, because I do believe that what you're describing is anxiety. I think when you see your Dr, instead of focussing on your concerns about a brain tumour (which as you said have been proven unfounded) you should concentrate on telling him about your inability to believe the anxiety diagnosis, as to third parties such as us, it's clear that you have pronounced anxiety symptoms.

Good luck.

Charlee123
09-11-12, 11:18
yes she examined me all over again and she isnt concerned in the slightest, my fixation with the fear that this tumour is going to make me loose my memory is getting to the point that i question everything. She said i have anxiety and i need to get that sorted. She said if she had any doubt she would get me seen, but she doesnt.
Hmm, i always fear the worst like "what if its growing slow", or "what if its going to spread" "what if its terminal" im going insane here.

day 4 of sertraline.