PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow anxiety sufferers!

smithylou4
09-11-12, 10:23
I'm new to this site, have been suffering from anxiety (GAD Disorder) for years but has got worse the past few years.

Decided to join here to get some help and possibly even help others? I often feel like there isn't anyone else in the world that understands how I feel and sometimes my anxiety gets so bad and out of control I don't know what to do!

I am married and have a beautiful 17mth daughter, but am worried my anxiety is wrecking my marriage and frightened it will affect my daughter or that Im not being a very good mum to her! Just want this anxiety to disappear now so I can get on with my life. I feel like its taken away my personality and who I am.

Anyone else feel the same?

nomorepanic
09-11-12, 10:33
Hi smithylou4

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Ronno
09-11-12, 15:43
Hi smithylou ,
I was 31 when I had my first panic attack a month after a traumatic experience , it felt so bad I was conviced it was a physical illness , virus perhaps , ( how could your mind make you feel so bad ) . Anxiety brought me to my knees . Made worst by the doctor I saw telling me he didn't understand my symptoms ! Then another doctor ( our old family doctor ) said I was suffering from what was called then a breakdown .
I then discovered Claire weekes's books. , my bible , now with the Internet we also have no more panic .
I had a young family , It must of been hard for them and my wife was, is, great
I think it's important for your other half to understand what your going through. , and how you feel . It's not your fault , and get into the habit of taking one day at a time , and not dwell to much on how you feel , and it'll get easer .
Remember anxiety's a marathon not a sprint .
Take care

fozzy is crying
09-11-12, 15:44
:welcome:
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

ricardo
09-11-12, 15:50
Hi smithylou ,
I was 31 when I had my first panic attack a month after a traumatic experience , it felt so bad I was conviced it was a physical illness , virus perhaps , ( how could your mind make you feel so bad ) . Anxiety brought me to my knees . Made worst by the doctor I saw telling me he didn't understand my symptoms ! Then another doctor ( our old family doctor ) said I was suffering from what was called then a breakdown .
I then discovered Claire weekes's books. , my bible , now with the Internet we also have no more panic .
I had a young family , It must of been hard for them and my wife was, is, great
I think it's important for your other half to understand what your going through. , and how you feel . It's not your fault , and get into the habit of taking one day at a time , and not dwell to much on how you feel , and it'll get easer .
Remember anxiety's a marathon not a sprint .
Take care

You said something I have frequently said that many GP's don't understand our illness, and it is an illness and instead of referring you to someone who helps they just prescribe some pill or another which maybe too generalised for the actual condition.

Of course that is not a rule of thumb but it does happen.

You will get a lot of support on here, smithylou

AnxiousBaker
09-11-12, 16:20
Plenty of support on here smithylou:welcome:

smithylou4
09-11-12, 16:43
Thank you everyone its very reassuring to know there are people out there that understand x

gypsywomen
09-11-12, 17:07
big hugs i am sure you will get help on this site xx:hugs: