PDA

View Full Version : constant heartburn

shomba
09-11-12, 12:23
Hi all,

I guess I just need some reassurance, I have had burping and I think heartburn for the past 3 weeks almost constantly, I think I manafest symtoms, as a friends mum passed 4 weeks ago and she told me that she got the burping heartburn which led to a massive heartattack, I have had this burping heartburn probably once a month before she told me this, since then it has been almost constant and I am having PA and even waking up stressed. I am in two minds if I should go to the doctors or not as I find this gives me PA. I am on 5mg Lexapro and it seemed to be working ok before this, I have almost moved onto google (bad move I know) and are now also worried about stomach cancer and my gall bladder, has anyone else had this as stress related? I did go to the doctors about 3months ago for a general checkup and he checked my Blood pressure and it was normal, my chlorestol is also not bad.

NoPoet
10-11-12, 22:40
Might be the medication, but anxiety is practically guaranteed to grant the blessings of heartburn and flatulence upon you. If you've had it for a long time you should speak to your doctor as it is unpleasant and can eventually lead to acid erosion (assuming you're talking about reflux), which your oesophagus will NOT thank you for.

Make sure you eat regular, small meals. Don't go for prolonged periods without eating something as this will make it much worse. These two things are the most important pieces of advice I can give you.

You might be eating something which is making it worse; avoid spicy food. Avoid heavy foods before bed as these are harder to digest and can make reflux etc worse. Some people say milk makes it worse but the overwhelming majority seem to think drinking milk alleviates reflux.