PDA

View Full Version : Just Married!!

kt
15-08-06, 00:06
Hi everyone,
just wanted to share my little success story. I haven't posted for a while but still visit regularly when i need reassurance, (almost daily!! LOL)
I got married last weekend and had the most perfect day. My anxieties have been put on the back burner recently, i haven't had the time to stress about my psychological illnesses as i have been too busy stressing about seating arrangements and flowers![Sigh...]
This time last year, or even 3 months ago, i could not imagine getting through this day without a major panic. But i did it and not an attack in sight! I was actually calmer than my husband on the day![Yeah!]
I drove my dad to the venue, which was amazing because last year he was really ill and we didn't think he would even be here for the wedding. I drank champagne most of the day with no burning face and managed to be around 150 people all evening without sussing out the exits! That is a huge achievement for me. My breathing was steady and i don't remember any strange dizzy feelings. I didn't have to reach for my brown paper bag once! (This was secretly tucked down the side of my garter!);)

So I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has ever replied to my posts over the last few years that i have been a member here, an extra special thankyou to Nic- you do more for people with anxiety problems than you will ever know! Thankyou. (hope that doesn't sound too much like a wedding speech!!)

I am going to enjoy my respite from anxiety for as long as it lasts, i know it has a habit of coming back and biting you on the bum when you least expect it!

Thanks again,
hugs, kt x

Fear makes the wolf look bigger!!

den64
15-08-06, 00:11
Hi KT

Congratulations on getting married, have a lovely wedded life,and welldone on coping in what can be a very stressful situation

Good luck and Best Wishes

Denise :D

manmoor
15-08-06, 00:46
Hi Kt,

Aw congratulations to you hun. I wish you all the best in your new life with your husband.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

clickaway
15-08-06, 01:44
Congratulations, kt

You're doing great

Enjoy!

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Coni
15-08-06, 07:42
Hi KT,

it sounds like your big day was wonderful. Well done on such a big achievement and big CONGRATULATIONS to you both!

Coni X

kate
15-08-06, 07:55
Big congratulations, KT :D

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

tammyg
15-08-06, 08:59
Wow, what a fantastic achievement!

Well done to you and a big congratulations to you both.

Tammy x

kt
15-08-06, 09:59
Thanks all,

KT xxxx:D

hayles
15-08-06, 10:36
A big Congrats to you.
I got married 4 weeks ago and like you couldnt even have thought i would get through it without running out of the church hysterically!!!

But i made it without a panic in sight, apart from stage fright before i walked down the isle!!!! It was the most perfect day.

So glad yours was too.

All the best for married life xx

Hay x

trac67
15-08-06, 10:48
CONGRATULATIONS KT

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

jackie
15-08-06, 13:02
im so glad you enjoyed your day,

good luck in your new life

jackie

polly daydream
15-08-06, 15:14
Hi Kt, congrats on getting married, glad you enjoyed your special day.

Take care,

Polly

Southern_Belle
15-08-06, 16:11
Hi Kt,

Congratulations on your marriage and I am so glad you were able to really have a panic free day on such a wonderful day.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

kt
15-08-06, 21:52
:D Thanks again all of you:D
kt xxx

suzanne
16-08-06, 09:25
congratualtions and well done

suzanne x

s shaw

pips
16-08-06, 18:27
Congratulations, KT you are doing just GREAT hun.

WELL DONE YOU,

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

twiglet
16-08-06, 19:55
congratulations on getting married, and well done for coping so well under pressure.:)
love,
twiglet xx

IanB
20-08-06, 17:23
Hi KT

Congratulations, I hope you have a long and happy (and anxiety free) marriage.

Ian

"today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday and all is well"

nomorepanic
20-08-06, 17:26
Congratulations and good luck for the future.[^]

Sounds like you had a fab day and coped extremely well so well done on that :D

Glad to hear you are feeling better now as well

Nicola

strawberrie
21-08-06, 11:23
hi kt, im sooo pleased to hear that you're doing well. i was wondering how you were cos we often used to talk in chat and ive not seen you there for such a long time. It's fantastic news that your wedding went so well - congratulations, i hope its the start of lots more really happy times for you.

take care,
mag xxx

kt
21-08-06, 23:15
Thanx guys!
Mags, i still have you on my msn if ever you want a chat!!

hugs, kt xx

Alexandra
25-08-06, 12:36
Congrats KT.

Excellent hun.

I got married 2 weeks ago.

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints