PDA

View Full Version : anxiety kicked off reflux

susan1963
09-11-12, 18:28
hi im well cheesed off, i went to dermotologist this afternoon, got anxiety while sat in waiting room, but managed to stop myself from having a full blown panic attack, the thing since ive got home, ive got my stomach prob back, pains in mid abdomen, funny feelings in my throat, belching thats uncomftable, ect..... the joke is ive been fine for a couple of weeks and now its back because of today, do you think it will go again, im quite relaxed now, but i hoping the reflux wont trigger the anxiety off again :(

PinkRoxy
16-11-12, 06:06
That can often happen. I know for me when Im anxious I get reflux in fact symptoms like you have described. I also get it through some foods and drinks but I do know that anxiety can definitely be a trigger but not the cause of it.

Unfortunately it happens and I dont think you can stop it but to reduce it its probably best to carry some reflux medication with you and take one when you feel the symptoms occuring.

Im sorry it had come back after you had a good patch I know how you feel as I get good days and bad days.