PDA

View Full Version : headaches

Ats666
09-11-12, 19:10
Does anyone here experience a lot of headaches. I've now had them in and off for about 2 weeks. These are a combination of migraines and tension headaches. I am worried sick I have something wring with my brain, and I am now getting exhausted. Tired with feeling anxious, don't want to feel like this anymore :weep:

almamatters
09-11-12, 19:25
Sorry you are feeling down. I used to get a lot of tension headaches and they are horrible. Mine just disappeared one day ( got replaced with about 20 other symptoms though lol ) Hope you are feeling better soon, have you spoke to your GP about them? xx

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

I am feeling very anxious tonight as well really bad rib pain again and lymph nodes hurting

Ats666
09-11-12, 19:51
Sorry that you're not feeling too good either. It's horrible isn't it. I just want to go back two months where I felt normal. I worried about symptoms, but not excessively like I do now. My headache isn't even that bad, but ever little twinge makes me feel physically ill due to the worry. I have spoken to the gp a couple of times and they checked me and said it was just migraines, but as you know it doesn't matter what anyone tells you, you don't believe it (or can't). It doesn't help that I am not sleeping properly, getting to sleep fine, but waking about 5 every morning, it's wearing me out. I think maybe I need to increase my anxiety medication.
I hope you feel a bit better soon :hugs:

isybelle
09-11-12, 19:54
Hi love I had a headache Every day for 3 months when I was pregnant. I ws completely convinced I had a tumour. I saw a chiropractor who did some readjustment and it went. It was a build up of tension and bad posture.

I'm getting them again now cos of anxiety x

Ats666
09-11-12, 20:02
Thank you for your replies, it's so hard not to worry. I do wish my CBT appointment would hurry up :hugs:

Ats666
10-11-12, 16:53
Well headache was ok this morning, well no headache, woke up about 430 anxious as usual, really ate waking up feeling like that. Been at work since 7 and headache returned (not bad) about 1pm. Feel like someone s squeezing my head, it's not bad at all but just worrying me sick. Feel tense I just want to be better :mad:

swgrl09
10-11-12, 17:18
headaches that progress as you go throughout your day tend to be tension headaches ... honestly i got to the point where i was getting them almost daily, going through so much ibuprofin i was worrying about that too. the thing that helped me was going to a chiropracter. now i rarely have them.

fozzy is crying
10-11-12, 17:28
Does anyone here experience a lot of headaches. I've now had them in and off for about 2 weeks. These are a combination of migraines and tension headaches. I am worried sick I have something wring with my brain, and I am now getting exhausted. Tired with feeling anxious, don't want to feel like this anymore :weep:

I have at least 2 migraines a week and have had for the whole of my life and had to learn to live with them. In my older life I get them now as cluster attacks with one cluster sometimes overlapping the last and in the main are now so intense they are also very disabling and often I have blackouts as well with them as a result. Tension is of course one of many triggers for those who suffer migraine but there are many others.

Gordon

Ats666
10-11-12, 17:35
Sorry to hear you suffer from that many fozzy, that must be awful. do you take medication for them? Mine really aren't that bad, well the migraines aren't nice, but this headache today feels like tension, I just get worried about them all the time. Its a viscous circle as you well know xx

MamaCass
10-11-12, 17:59
Ive had tension and migraine headaches daily for the last 10 years, Sorry im not much help. but i know how you feel x

fozzy is crying
10-11-12, 18:00
Sorry to hear you suffer from that many fozzy, that must be awful. do you take medication for them? Mine really aren't that bad, well the migraines aren't nice, but this headache today feels like tension, I just get worried about them all the time. Its a viscous circle as you well know xx

I had lots of medication up to the age of 40 and the best but in the form that helped was very dangerous. Added to that it and almost all medication that are effective are Ergot based and if as me have a history of heart disease or family history of such again I have after the age of 40 these drugs are a definite NO NO. So up to a year ago I had 22 years of no migraine specific medication.

Just over a year ago I was prescribed pregabalin by a consultant who did not know about my migraine problem for another reason and that drug was never designed with migraine in mind. However in the last few years it has been accidentally found to be the wonder drug for chronic migraine sufferers as a preventative and in some cases some one it have never had a migraine since.

The problem is it is a very expensive drug and few GPs will prescribe it other than short term as a mental health treatment. I am lucky as my GP who I have had for over 20 years and seen the disabling effects on e has now got me on it for the rest of my life despite the cost to his NHS drugs budget for my having it alone is over £2,500 a year.

You will see threads elsewhere about this drug and problems getting it prescribed because of the cost. Some are told it is not for GAD by their GP when a sufferer asks for it as it one if not the best for GAD and it was designed just for GAD in the first place. The GPs who say otherwise are only using it as an excuse to save their budget if they have one or the NHS who advice them where possible not to prescribe because it costs them so much.

I hope this has been useful.

Take care

Gordon

Ats666
10-11-12, 18:08
I am actually prescribed pregabalin for my anxiety, have been on it for 4 weeks now. In fact I hadn't had migraines for ages until I started it, I wonder if its because of this that im getting headaches?? It helps with my anxiety, well it had done until a few weeks ago, thinking maybe I need an increase. Glad it works for you. If you don't mind me asking what dose are you on xx

fozzy is crying
10-11-12, 18:27
I am actually prescribed pregabalin for my anxiety, have been on it for 4 weeks now. In fact I hadn't had migraines for ages until I started it, I wonder if its because of this that im getting headaches?? It helps with my anxiety, well it had done until a few weeks ago, thinking maybe I need an increase. Glad it works for you. If you don't mind me asking what dose are you on xx

Headaches can be a problem with it evewn if your are a migraine sufferer. It seems only chronic migraine sufferers are the ones it helps stop them.

I was started on 75 mg twice a day and after 7 weeks I discussed it with my consultant and it suddenly dawned on me I had not had a migraine during those weeks. He doubled the dose and that had a very negative result overnight and a week later at the new review I got it reduced back. Since then no problems and it has stopped a lot of migraines but only in some trigger areas. Other areas that trigger my migraine needs I still have lots of them. My worst trigger being diet triggered. The only way that trigger could be stopped is for me to give up eating anything. Certainly stress triggers and tension triggers it is very effective.

Gordon

swgrl09
10-11-12, 19:02
you know, the above posts reminded me that my sister was on cymbalta for her depression and anxiety because she also had fibromyalgia and i guess cymbalta is also very good for chronic pain. maybe something to discuss with the doctor.

Ats666
10-11-12, 19:20
Yes I've heard a couple of peoples stories who are on that with positive effects. For the first 2 weeks the pregablin was great but I've now started waking up in the morning feeling really anxious :hugs: