PDA

View Full Version : blood test results

kelly12
09-11-12, 21:30
I had my blood test done on Monday and i rang my doctors today ( Fri ) to see if they were back and the receptionist said they were but she can't tell me the results cus she can't understand them. i rang again later to give them my new number and asked the other receptionist to see if they were there and she said that the doctor hadn't commented on them yet. this was 9 this morning and i never received a call today they are closed all weekend so do u think if there was anything wrong i would have heard by now. im really anxious about the results :'(

Annie0904
09-11-12, 21:35
I don't think it means that there is anything wrong. The receptionists are not usually allowed to discuss the results with you until the doctor has seen them and commented on them. They have probably been busy today and from my experience they have usually phoned me if there was a problem so I would say no news is good news :)

kelly12
09-11-12, 22:09
Really hope so. I've always put off having blood tests as im always worrying. Been worrying cus the nurse said 7 days till their back and its only been 3 . sometimes though they will say yeah its normal over the phone!! but yeah no news is good news thanx .

swgrl09
10-11-12, 03:40
i wouldn't worry about the time frame .... i was told my tests would take a week or two to come in and they came in within 2 days. probably just depends on how busy the lab is.

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

also mine were all normal just to add if that makes you feel better about them coming in quickly.

almamatters
10-11-12, 16:31
No news is good news. Mine are usually back within two days even if they are fine.

Anxious_gal
11-11-12, 05:10
if it was anything serious the doctor would have marked it as urgent.

Mistyfog
12-11-12, 10:46
Every time I've had any blood tests they are back very quick and they always say if there are any problems they will contact you.

kelly12
12-11-12, 11:48
Thanks everyone for your reply's that makes me feel better. well i still have not had a call yet so feeling positive that everything ok and if it is then why am i getting these sensations which are causing me to panic. maybe i do need some med to help me!!!:'(

tracy7024
11-01-13, 20:46
I always get anxiuous about blood tests, i dread what the result will be, good luck.