PDA

View Full Version : any advice before i see doc

nippy70
10-11-12, 16:03
Hi all over the past two weeks i have had a dull ache in my rectum. I have had no bleeding but have had lose stools... lat two weeks i have had very very bad wind but i have now cut out porridge oand milk over the last two days and the wind has calmed down by at least 80% i still get a bit gurrle in my belly but not bad wind anymore . I know i should not look on the net for what it is but it worries me,,, Anyway i was seeing my consultant the other day for a different reason and asked him about it. I said i get a slight tingle feeling someitmes and still the ache comes and goes during the day ,,, more from mid day never really on a morning,,,,, he did a anal exam and said all clear , i told him i had a camera up in march this year and nothing was found so he said that there wont be a chance its serious as something would have shown up ... he said people get screened every 5 years for bowel cancer and as mine was march this year and nothing found all is ok .

I have been reading today tho on the net and made me feel really worse. Can your rectum ache with IBS is it Proctitis? is it serious,,, as i say no blood loose yet but no blood

any advice please ,,,, aaarrrghghghghhg

Zonja.j
10-11-12, 16:11
Hun, just go to the doctor and see. I honestly reckon you'll find it's no big deal, IBS or something x

nippy70
10-11-12, 17:07
i know ,,,, just worries me a bit,,, could be so many simple things x

fozzy is crying
10-11-12, 17:14
Write down all your symptoms and take the list with you. Show it to you GP and that way if your are in a panic when seeing him or her you will not have to go through it all and perhaps forget something.

However I am sure you will be OK.

Best of luck and try not to worry about it.

Gordon

almamatters
10-11-12, 18:47
I agree writing a list of symptoms is a good idea as if you are feeling anxious it helps you to keep focused. I have started to do this as I always got home and had forgot to mention something really important. Good luck :flowers:

Magic
10-11-12, 22:08
I agree with what the above have said, i cannot add anything only to say try not to worry