PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day

Candy6
11-11-12, 00:08
I've had such a bad day today with my anxiety/panic. I've tried so hard to keep it at bay but it just keeps creeping back. I have big worries again over my son's health and its just dragging me down. The thing is, I've lived with his health problems for over 9 years and have dealt with major stress but now I am suffering from anxiety/panic as well its just much worse. I need to be well to support him but its so difficult. I just dont know where to turn. I cant decide what I'm actually suffering from more, depression/anxiety/panic. I am on anti-depressants and my doctor has given me some propranonol as well but haven't taken any of these yet. Dont know how I'm going to get any sleep tonight. Its just so difficult getting through every day at the moment and trying to keep up with every day life.

Tufty
11-11-12, 10:37
Hi Louise,
Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time at the moment with the panic as well as everything else going on in your life.
The only advice I could give is that you say you are trying hard to keep the panic at bay, this is exhausting and will make you more anxious and depressed, stop trying so hard - give yourself a couple of days or week to wallow in the anxiety and depression, accept this how you feel and it feels horrible but let it do its worse, During this time take good care of yourself, long baths, lie in bed, write down how you feel, eat well if you can but give yourself permission to feel bad - if that's how you feel running from it isn't going to make it go away - it will catch you.
After a week of this you may not feel any better but it will give your body a chance to recharge and hopefully you can face your challenges with more acceptance and energy. You say your son needs you to support him, but you need to take some time out from everyday life and look after you.
Take care
Sam

Tessar
11-11-12, 11:06
Sam is right; i couldnt have said it better myself.
You do need time for yourself and that doesnt mean you arent then looking after your son. You might be a mum but you're still an individual yourself & you are entitled to personal time too. Keeping yourself in good shape is part of looking after him - so it's not self indulgent. It's just part of being a compassionate human. You need to show yourself compassion too.

Annie0904
11-11-12, 11:09
Louise I just want to let you know that I am thinking about you, you know my worries about my son. I think maybe you should think about taking the medication that the doctor has given you and also maybe ask your doctor about counseling as you have so much to deal with at the moment. You can pm any time if you want chat as one Mum to another :hugs::hugs: xx

fishman65
11-11-12, 12:34
Hi Louise,ditto what everyone else has said.Also,try to remember that a panic attack can only get so bad.Once it reaches its peak there is only one way for it to go...and that's down.Oh and the propranolol is good at blocking the release of adrenalin,plus other symptoms of anxiety...so I'd advise you to take them too.You're not alone ok?

Take care now,Fishy

Candy6
11-11-12, 23:43
Thank you all so much for your replies. Sorry for not posting earlier but I have had a very busy day today with family things and then a difficult evening with my son again. Thanks for the advice about looking after me - I have always felt guilty about doing this but my doctor also mentioned this last week so maybe I should try. I will also try the propanonol he gave me. Thanks Annie - I will pm you at some point if thats ok - things getting difficult. xx

Annie0904
12-11-12, 09:11
You can pm anytime Louise xx