PDA

View Full Version : My friend is kinda mad at me now..

cuppycake
11-11-12, 01:57
I think my friend is really annoyed with me for pointing out to her friend that dodging train fare's is a crime (I don't even think I should feel bad about this since I wasn't saying it in a rude way and it is actually a fact). My stomach is churning and my legs are numb, I'm feeling really awful :( I was supposed to be going out with this group of people on Friday and although I really want to I don't want to be involved in this train fare dodging, or even be there while it's happening. This whole situation is making me feel ill :( I don't know what to say or do?

I'm kind of scared to talk to people because most of the time people tell me I should have kept my mouth shut or that I was wrong to tell them the truth about their actions, I wasn't in the wrong to politely explain why I didn't want to commit a crime, if I had said to her "you are a dirty criminal I don't want anything to do with you" then yes I could understand why she'd be upset, but all I said was "We have a legal obligation to pay a fare" I don't think I was in the wrong there!

nomorepanic
11-11-12, 02:37
You are not wrong so don't worry about it and move on. You did nothing wrong

Anxious_gal
11-11-12, 04:55
It depends how you said it I guess, like " I'm paying my fare because I don't commit crimes". compared to "you are committing a crime"

I figure she's mad because she knows what she did was wrong and is simply lashing out at you.

Stand your ground and don't feel bad for being a good person.
Why is your friend mad? That seems pretty petty to me and she should be the one saying sorry to you .

cuppycake
11-11-12, 05:26
Just worried that she's not going to talk to me any more for upsetting her friend. I didn't say anything rude to her friend and I said I knew she was trying to help, and politely declined. I'm so confused and anxious about this :(

Anxious_gal
11-11-12, 06:28
if I have learned anything about friendship, you keep friends by letting them know they have upset and talking it out.
I used to be afraid to stand up for myself or to say anything, it just led to me really resenting people.
If she isn't willing to talk things out and make up then there's not much you can do.
The sooner ye can talk the better, it's the waiting in limbo not knowing what is going to happen I think it's freaking you out a bit.
Not matter what happens you will be ok and you will get through this x