PDA

View Full Version : Med Anxiety

DylanR
11-11-12, 11:24
Well last night i had to go to Hospital thanks to an asthma attack induced by a chest infection. Anyway i have been prescribed anti-biotics but always end up reading the side-effects . worrying , googling only to find horror stories and then stopping them. How can i train myself to not worry and let my anxiety create what i think are Side-effects :S

Annie0904
11-11-12, 11:31
Just take the tablets and don't google side effects. They have to list side effects but these are usually very rare. Your chest infection will only go if you take the full course of antibiotics. Even if you start to feel better in a couple of days you must complete the course. They will do you a lot more good than harm. :)

Ats666
11-11-12, 11:32
If everybody read all the side effects of medication, no one would ever take anything! Even if one person experiences an adverse effect it has to be reported. I feel the same though, I was started on lyrica 4 weeks ago and I looked it up online as it is a pretty new drug, and some of the stories I read petrified me, but the positives of taking it outweighed the negatives, this is what you have to consider :hugs:

DylanR
11-11-12, 11:42
Great Advice , im just still pretty shaken from last night . Asthma attacks are incredibly scary

Ats666
11-11-12, 11:46
I began asthma attack is really scary, but if you can cope with that, you can cope with taking antibiotics, and as Annie said make sure you complete the course :)

Annie0904
11-11-12, 11:50
Asthma attacks are quite scary, I have mild asthma but it gets a lot worse when I have a cold or chest infection which makes it more important to take the antibiotics to get rid of it quicker.

DylanR
11-11-12, 15:40
i have taken them and feeling alright so far

Annie0904
11-11-12, 15:41
Pleased to hear that :)

Ats666
11-11-12, 15:45
Good...you will be fine xx

fozzy is crying
11-11-12, 15:50
i have taken them and feeling alright so far

Good so the very bad side-effect of "urge to google" has gone?

:yesyes:

It is amazing how many get that common side-effect from a whole range of medications and treatments.

Gordon

DylanR
11-11-12, 16:39
Haha , Yes :)