PDA

View Full Version : Postnatel anxiety or hormone imbalance

Vodkamonster
11-11-12, 20:04
Hi iam new have introduced myself in the members section
Iam 9 weeks postnatel with my 3rd baby had a very a very stressful pregnancy due to a blood clot in my leg at 30 weeks and iam still on blood thinners now untill January.
Been having the following symptoms for the past three weeks!
Heart palpations all day!
Dizzy spells/ mainley when moving around but fine when I wake up
Loss of concentration
Ringing in ears
Pins and needles in hands
Blurry vision
Light sensitivity
Breathless
Loss of hair on head and legs
Can't figure out if it's anxiety or hormone related??
Having bloods done to test my thyroid tommorow and been given pregbalin to take in the meantime havnt decided if I should take them
Or see what my bloods say any comments I would be grateful to hear your opinopions thanks

Annie0904
11-11-12, 20:11
They do seem like symptoms of anxiety but you are doing the right thing having blood tests done to rule out any other causes. :hugs:

Vodkamonster
11-11-12, 20:22
ThAnkz for your reply I just wish whatever it is it bogs off soon!! Trying to nurse a baby and it's all really getting to me now I just wanna be normal again!

Annie0904
11-11-12, 20:34
You will be, think positive (I know that is hard when you are feeling so bad). I am sure your doctor will be able to help you and we are all here to support you if you ever need to chat :hugs: x

Vodkamonster
11-11-12, 20:48
Aww now iam crying lol should have added that to my list another thing I am very tearful doctor said its not postnatel depression as when I feel healthy I feel great! Are there any other mums you know of on here I can chat to? Ta

Annie0904
11-11-12, 20:54
If you look at the forum jump at the bottom of the page, there is a link for post pregnancy anxiety..I think that will be the best place to find new Mum's (I'm an old Mum :D ) xx

Vodkamonster
15-11-12, 17:35
Hi well I had my bloods back all totally normal!! So it seems I have developed some kinda anxiety disorder! Grrrr my Heath visitor seems to think its prob due to such. A stressful pregnancy! I have seen a councillor and am going to have a 12 week session of counciling and how to deal with anxiety therapy. I've been taking the pregbalin and do feel better allready iam absoluty determined not to let this control my life! If I start to get anxious I've been blasting out the Xmas songs at home lol! I hope I never get to where I was last week where I was in such a state I didn't wanna be left alone at home I have booked myself into doing something every day next week so that I have to get out the house and this dot lead in post natel depression! Wish me luck I will fight whatever this is!!

Annie0904
15-11-12, 17:38
Good to hear all your blood tests are normal, not good to have anxiety but you seem to be looking at it positively and doing everything you can to beat it so that is a good thing. :hugs: xx

potato11
15-11-12, 20:40
Did they check b12 levels vodkamonster?

Vodkamonster
16-11-12, 20:20
Not sure about b12 levels blood card said thyroid and ths and a few other letters? What's a b12 what does I test for? I had a ba night last night panic struck out of nowhere!! Really pissed up a nice evening!! Today's been better I've had physical symptoms stomach pains and real bad to pins and needles but managed to hold it together Iam starting my therapy on Friday bit nervous as I know it's goner upset me but it's gotta be better out than holding it all in eh?

potato11
16-11-12, 21:35
ahh. B12 is a vitamin, so a blood tests checks the amount of it in your blood. You need b12 for good nerve function and producing healthy red blood cells.

Some of your symptoms (feeling off balance etc) can be symptoms of b12 deficiency, so it might be worth just checking the GP did that blood test, as they don't always

Vodkamonster
16-11-12, 22:59
Thanks I will mention it to him although I gotta wait till the 29th for my appointment! Iam on blood thinners? Wonder of this is anything to do with it? Is there anything I could take that will increase my b12?leveks? Sorry for all the questions thanks .