PDA

View Full Version : Blood test query

almamatters
12-11-12, 12:04
Are blood tests really a good indication of health ? I have had literally loads since May and all have been fine. Is it really possible to have a serious illness and to have normal blood results. I stupidly googled and there does not seem to be a clear answer either way. I am starting to disbelieve my GP when they say all is fine because I do not feel right.

jumpwomble
12-11-12, 16:16
Blood tests are generally a good indicator of one's general health, as they give a decent overall picture... but of course not every illness or condition is detectable by simple blood tests... if a doctor suspects something specific, they will have to order more specific tests for that condition. But then again it really depends on what you think you have, i.e if it's an illness that will show up in a blood test, like leukaemia, some other blood disorder and so on, then yes, a blood test is a really good indication.

swgrl09
12-11-12, 16:34
My doctor said that the tests I had done (cbc, complete metabolic panel for liver/kidneys, thyroid, b12, d, lipid, etc etc etc) would be the first place things would look out of wack if something was up. So even if it is not showing exactly what is wrong, if something seriously was the numbers would be off usually.

almamatters
12-11-12, 22:45
thank you :flowers: