PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxetine - first time

Chloexo
12-11-12, 13:38
Hello there,

I was wondering if some of you could give me advice. I have been dealing with panic attacks for the past 6 years. Started of in a normal non threatening situation, got so bad that I didn't leave the house for months at the time, disappeared and then came back. I am currently struck with one every day, some mild, some bad. Last night I had the first ever bad one in my own house, which is quite frightening, considering that my house, is my "safe" place. But even before that I went to the doctor again and was asking if there is not one solution something, as I as long as I can think, everything I feel edgy I take medication against stomach pain and travel sickness, basically an antihistamine, it calms me and my stomach down (i always focus on my stomach, its the first sign of not feeling "well"). Anyway, so my doctor prescribed Fluoxtine (20mg a day). But now I read, and also heard that side effects can be nausea and vomitting, something I have been panicky about for as long as I can think. I don't know wheather to give it a go and just see or just leave it. I also have an emergency stash of Valium (5mg) which I could take.

But honestly I don't know, I just know that I fear its getting to the "not-leaving-the-house-stage", and I am afraid it could ruin my relationship (also he is very supportive) and degree at University.

Thank you all so much in advance for reading this.

I really appreciate it.

Chloe

taketwo
12-11-12, 18:57
I started taking fluoxetine a year ago for the second time. It took nearly 2 months to start to feel better. I struggled with going out but set myself little challenges. I would stand at the door and walk to the car in the drive. Then I walked to the end of the road, the the end if the estate. Bit by bit I built it up. I went to a supermarket, something that caused me real anxiety, and walk around for 10 mins. I was clinging to my husband! Slowly I started to feel better.
Give it time and set small, achievable targets.

Hope things start to improve soon. x