PDA

View Full Version : Will my GP just brush me off??

Ats666
12-11-12, 13:49
Well I'm off to the GP again this afternoon, it has been about 2 weeks since my last visit.
I am really struggling, I have convinced myself I have something serious wrong with my brain and am certain I am going to drop down dead and no one will find me. It's scaring me so much. I stayed awake all night last night as too scared to go to sleep.
My head is not too bad today, just dull ache, if that. Phoned NHS Direct yesterday in a panic.
What am I going to do? I can't go on feeling like this, it's ruining my life.
I'm worried the GP will put all my symptoms down to health anxiety and miss something serious :weep:

Ats666
12-11-12, 19:13
Well my gp was very understanding spent ages talking to me. Says he thinks my headaches, flashing lights etc are my anxiety. Prescribed me zispin as well as my lyrica, lets hope it helps me!!! I just want to feel better now, want normality back :weep:

Annie0904
12-11-12, 19:23
I am pleased your GP was understanding, I am lucky to have a really good GP. These anxiety symptoms are just so scary. I have had a really bad day today and have cried nearly all day. I hope we can get normality (whatever that is!) back soon :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Ats666
12-11-12, 20:20
Sorry you're having a bad day, I've just tried to keep myself busy, I was supposed to be at work, but as I hadn't been to sleep all night and was due to start at 7 I didn't think it was safe for me to go...i feel bad about it as I love my work, just don't want anxiety to start affecting it. Hope you have a better day tomorrow :hugs:

Annie0904
12-11-12, 20:40
I hope tomorrow is better for you also. I have started to drink Horlicks on a night and I think I am sleeping better with it (apart from when my hubby starts snoring!!) x

Ats666
12-11-12, 20:45
I know that feeling, I sat downstairs all night last night and I could still hear mine :)

cattia
12-11-12, 21:14
I am glad your GP listened to you. I had a wonderful GP but he retired recently and knowing that he isn't there any more has definitely made my anxiety worse :(
I hope you have a better night tonight. Anxiety is the most horrible feeling in the world!