PDA

View Full Version : Newby

Bigchanges
12-11-12, 17:51
Well am new to all this...

Am 25 and have suffered from depression from an early age and never really had it diagnosed, as I grew up and stresses got to me I stupidly started using cannibis to deal with my problems(a feel ashamed and pretty pathetic that that's how a delt with it), a few things have come to a head now, mainly panic attacks and not coping with the important things in life, and not finding the joy in things that I should,mainly because 'mr black' has had a tight grip on me for some time!

I'v found my gp fairly 'crap' with my treatment, and the best thing they did for me was give me the crisis teams number....something I thought I would never use!but unfortunately last week I needed it! Am now getting the correct help and medication I need, they really have helped me more in a hour than my gp in over 5 years!!!!

Any way I came across this site whist lookin up some medication I have been put on,and av found it a god send that Iam not the only person suffering this kind of thing,and some where where I can talk to other people about it!am hoping this is a big turn around for me now! I know I have a long way to go as am only now really dealing with all my demonds in the correct way,and not masking it all!

Am about to start my new meds tonight,mirtazapine,I have read bit others have put on the site about it, but can any one tell me from there personal experiences from it??

Many thanks
John Shepard

fozzy is crying
12-11-12, 17:56
:welcome:
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

nomorepanic
12-11-12, 18:04
Hi Bigchanges

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Sparkle1984
12-11-12, 18:09
Welcome to the forums John! :) It is good that the crisis team has been helpful for you. I haven't tried mirtazapine myself so I can't comment on that.

AnxiousBaker
12-11-12, 18:10
:welcome: You`ll find plenty of help and support on here John