PDA

View Full Version : I've googled now convinced I have cancer

Munchlet
12-11-12, 21:18
I've gone and done it again, I'm so worried that I have cervical cancer I googled it and now I'm even more convinced.

The amout of women saying that they had symptoms same as me and their doctors just fobbed them off now they have full blown cancer etc, it has scared the life out of me.

I'm now spotting still since yesterday despite finishing my period four days ago and I can't help feeling that the doctor is going to fob me off again tommorrow.

All they keep saying is my cervix looks perfectly healthy apart from an ectropion but they can't tell from just looking at it can they?

Why do I do it, I always think I'm going to find something reassuring but I just end up scaring myself half to death.

My husband is fed up he said that with just having internals, and two ultrsounds they would have picked it up but he doesn't understand that you don't detect cervical cancer this way :weep:

Sorry for rambling just don't know what to do I'm so scared.

justina
12-11-12, 21:41
Spotting is very very common. It is hormonal. I have had spotting for at least five years. I have had three normal smears in these years. So you can have spotting and be perfectly healthy.

Apple81
12-11-12, 23:02
Hi Munchlet

Please don't worry. When did you have your last smear test? If you've had several recent internal examinations, and a recent clear smear then I don't think you have anything to worry about. Periods are funny things and can be delayed/brought on early/monkeyed around with for all sorts of reasons. You've done the right thing going to the GP - the Internet is a whole world of wrong when it comes to health symptoms. I've googled symptoms myself (in the past and recently) and all it does is scare you when there's no need to be frightened.

Xx

Munchlet
13-11-12, 06:15
Hi thanks for the replies.

My last smear was 18 months ago and was normal, then I'd had one a year before that and six months before that all clear.

They then put me on three year smears as I'd had normal ones so I'm not due until May 2014 and the doctor said the labs won't accept them before unless they can actually see something visibly wrong which they say they can't!

my concern is you can't see cervical cancer with the naked eye but all the spotting etc bleeding after intercourse are symptoms.

I know I have an ectropion and I've had one treated before so am obviously prone to them but I can't believe that is causing the latest problems I'm having :lac:

justina
14-11-12, 13:13
I can't believe this is happening: I answered you just a few days ago, saying what I truly believe: that you are just fine and you should trust your doctor.

Now I am here obsessing about exactly the same thing you are:doh:

I had heavy bleeding after intercourse and it freaks me out, I am convinced that it is cancer. I had a smear less than a year ago, so how can this happen so fast? Maybe the tests didn't detect it?

I have a lot of spotting but never worried about it, now I realize it is probably coming from my cervix. I booked a new smear test on Dec 3, don't know how to wait until then, but I also don't know if to trust the smear.

I went to a midwife today who examined me (no ultrasound or anything, she just looked at my cervix and touched me), she said everything looks really normal and she told me not to worry.

She could not really explaine the heavy bleeding after intercourse, which makes me worry even more. She said part of my uterus lining has grown a little bit outside the cervix and that makes it bleed easier, but it shouldn't bleed THAT much. I was hoping she could see some benign thing like a polyp which would explain the bleeding, but nothing.

Sorry for writing such a poem in your topic but I just needed to get it out. I am also thinking that reading my worries might put yours into perspective? I read your latest post about your visit today and I am sure you are perfectly healthy:bighug1: