PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a non understanding doc??

Lucy77
12-11-12, 23:58
Hi,
I suffer with agoraphobia and in the past have had blood clots so I'm on warfarin tablets for life and have to go for regular check ups. This has become a major problem With the the agoraphobia. The last time my doc came to do my blood test he basically said that he can't keep doing home visits and I need to go to the surgery, I felt awful and useless when he said this but I feel he's put the pressure on me now to go into the surgery.
The receptionist called me today to say they will not be giving me any more warfarin tablets unless I go into the surgery to monitor my blood, so now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I know I need to go so I can sort out my prescriptions but already I feel wobbly and nervous! I am trying to take baby steps to help myself but don't cope very well when I have an appointment and feel I HAVE to go :(
Help, what do I do?????

kirstenmonica
13-11-12, 00:22
Hey Lucy ,

I have this problem too with my doc, ive been agoraphobic on/off for years. and im having a bad time at the moment, i needed a sick note for work and i had to go down there was no other way and i swear i was so mean to everyone there hurrying them up, i just wanted out and back home. and its the same with my medication too, they wont put it on repeat so i can get somebody to pick them up they make me go to the surgery i hate it, so much :(

sorry i have no advice, i just want to let you know im going through the same thing , i hope it works out for you hun xx

Frankie123
13-11-12, 04:55
It should be possible for your doctor to arrange for a district nurse to come and do your warfarin blood test. Have you asked your surgery if this can be arranged. They have a duty of care and if you cannot get to the surgery then they need to make altenative arrangements. If necessary speak to the practice manager.

Col
13-11-12, 23:56
Lucy, COMPLAIN formally!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Might be a doc that may know txt book situations & became a doc for status reasons & therefore doesn't have genuine empathy or care for patients well being?!!
I'd say that & I'd also be saying he needs to retake the module he took on mental health issues!!!!! I'd also send or incorporate your post, it's perfect in getting the message across on how stressed he's made you feel, when he should be one person that should be helping you to combat these feelings! He could be making a rod for his own back because he's inflaming your anxiety, so at this rate you'll never be away from his door! Idiot! He needs sacking, what the hell is happening.
:lac: takecare X Complain